Institute of Applied Health Sciences is a leading institution of medical education for MBBS in Bangladesh that began its journey in 1989 to impart good quality medical education to students worldwide. It is a constituent body under faculty of medicine of University of Science and Technology Chittagong in 1992. This private medical college is a recognized medical education institution located in Chittagong with hostel accommodation for international students. It is recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council and affiliated with Chittagong University.
The private medical college offers a 5-year MBBS program with one year of clinical training at its medical facility, utilizing the latest teaching methodologies to provide the best teaching experience to the students. It is popular for its cutting-edge technological and educational advancements and prepares its students to participate in national and international scientific forums for vast practical exposure.
Institute of Applied Health Sciences: Quick Highlights
|University Recognitions||Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (Bangladesh), National Medical Commission (NMC), University of Chittagong|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|MBBS Course Duration||6 years (with internship)|
Institute of Applied Health Sciences Fees Structure 2023-24
Total MBBS fees in Dollar
MBBS Syllabus at Institute of Applied Health Sciences
Anatomy, Physiology, -Biochemistry
First professional MBBS
Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine
Second professional MBBS
Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Pathology, and Microbiology
Third professional MBBS
Medicine & Allied subjects , Surgery & Allied subjects, and Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Fourth professional MBBS
Eligibility Criteria For Admission to Institute of Applied Health Sciences
Indian students are advised to adhere to the NMC (MCI) guidelines to study MBBS in Bangladesh. Below is the criteria to be met to pursue medical education in Bangladesh.
- The students must have passed their 10th and 12th standards from a recognized board.
- The students must have scored a minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must be 17 years old as on 31 December in the year of admission.
- The students must have passed the NEET UG exam in the admission year.
Step 1: Fill up the admission form and submit the required documents.
Step 2: Get an admission/invitation letter from the medical college.
Step 3: Apply for the student visa by submitting your passport and other supporting documents.
Step 4: Pay your tuition fees for the first year. If availing an education loan, Rus Education will take you through the process.
Step 5: Pack your bags with all the essential items you will require in Bangladesh.
Step 6: Board your flights to Bangladesh and begin your journey of MBBS in Bangladesh.
Documents Required For Admission
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 11th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Original passport
- Police clearance certificate
- Affidavit (sponsorship)
- Bank statement (six months)
- University admission letter
- University fee confirmation letter
- Equivalence certificate (from university)
- University admission form
- Visa application form
- 12 Photographs on matt paper
- Equivalence TT copy
- University fee TT copy
- Demand draft in favor of Bangladesh High Commission
Documents such as the admission letter from the university, converted currencies, etc., will be facilitated by the team of Rus Education.
Why Study MBBS at Institute of Applied Health Sciences?
- Superior quality medical education focuses on improving students’ practical knowledge.
- Students attend international conferences, seminars, and workshops to broaden their knowledge of medicine in other countries.
- Incredible practical experience working alongside patients at the college’s teaching hospital.
- Faculty members, professors, and teachers who are well-qualified, experienced, and renowned to provide excellent medical education.
- Excellent infrastructure facilities, including well-equipped laboratories and audio-visual equipment in classrooms, among other things, for improved classroom learning.
- International students can benefit from English-medium medical education.
- This college’s medical degree is recognized in India and other countries.
- Guest lectures by well-known medical practitioners, scientists, and researchers are scheduled on a regular basis.
- Comfortable hostel facilities for both boys and girls on the college campus, complete with all necessary amenities.
- The college’s tuition fee is reasonable.
- There are no entrance exams for this medical college.
Student Life at Institute of Applied Health Sciences
- This medical college promises its students a welcoming and multicultural environment.
- Students receive medical education through the use of modern teaching methodologies.
- The medical college organizes international conferences, seminars, symposiums, webinars, and workshops to help students improve their medical knowledge.
- The college library houses a large collection of medical books, journals, newspapers, and magazines, as well as internet access.
- Separate hostels for boys and girls, each with all the necessities for a comfortable stay.
- The college organizes extracurricular activities in sports and culture for the holistic development of students.
- There is a well-equipped canteen serving Indian cuisine.
- Students gain practical experience in the college’s teaching hospital.
- The campus of the college is under CCTV surveillance.
Chittagong: City at a Glance
- The climate of Chittagong is warm, with an annual average temperature of 31℃.
- The average monthly living cost in Chittagong for Indian students is INR 10,000.
- The time difference between India and Chittagong is 30 minutes.
- The modes of transportation in Chittagong include auto rickshaws, taxis, buses, etc.
- Chittagong is connected by road and rail with Dhaka.