Sylhet Women's Medical College: Quick Highlights
|University Recognitions||Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (Bangladesh), World Directory of Medical School (WDOMS), International Medical Education Directory (IMED), and National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|MBBS Course Duration||6 years (with internship)|
Sylhet Women's Medical College Fees Structure 2023-24
First year MBBS seat booking (Non-refundable)
At the time of admission
Tuition fees for 5 years
Total MBBS fees in Dollars
Total MBBS fees in INR
MBBS Syllabus at Sylhet Women's Medical College
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
First professional MBBS
Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine
Second professional MBBS
Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Pathology, and Microbiology
Third professional MBBS
Medicine & Allied subjects , Surgery & Allied subjects, and Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Fourth professional MBBS
Eligibility Criteria For Admission to Sylhet Women's Medical College
Indian students are advised to adhere to the NMC (MCI) guidelines to study MBBS in Bangladesh. Below is the criteria to be met to pursue medical education in Bangladesh.
- The students must have passed their 10th and 12th standards from a recognized board.
- The students must have scored a minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must be 17 years old as on 31 December in the year of admission.
- The students must have passed the NEET UG exam in the admission year.
Step 1: Fill and submit the application form of the medical college along with the required documents.
Step 2: Receive an admission/invitation letter from the university.
Step 3: Apply for the student visa by submitting your passport and other supporting documents.
Step 4: Pay your tuition fees for the first year. If availing an education loan, Rus Education will take you through the process.
Step 5: Pack your bags with all the essential items you will require in Bangladesh.
Step 6: Board your flights to Bangladesh and begin your journey of MBBS in Bangladesh.
Documents Required For Admission
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 11th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Original passport
- Police clearance certificate
- Affidavit (sponsorship)
- Bank statement (six months)
- University admission letter
- University fee confirmation letter
- Equivalence certificate (from university)
- University admission form
- Visa application form
- 12 Photographs on matt paper
- Equivalence TT copy
- University fee TT copy
- Demand draft in favor of Bangladesh High Commission
Documents such as the admission letter from the university, converted currencies, etc., will be facilitated by the team of Rus Education.
Why Study MBBS at Sylhet Women's Medical College?
- The quality of medical education is excellent, with a mix of theoretical classroom sessions and practical laboratory experiments.
- The college organizes extracurricular activities for students’ overall development.
- It is accredited by the National Medical Commission, and its medical degree is recognized throughout India.
- Highly qualified faculty members and professors teach medical students.
- During medical education, the faculty employs advanced and integrated teaching methodologies.
- Students receive adequate practical experience in the college’s teaching hospital.
- The laboratories, dissection halls, and other areas are well-equipped with cutting-edge tools and equipment.
- Its medical degree is recognized worldwide, not just in India.
- The university hosts guest lectures by renowned doctors, researchers, and academicians.
- For international students, the fee structure is reasonable.
- Without donations, the admission process is straightforward.
- The college has a vibrant environment in which to build a better education system.
- There is no need to take any entrance exams, such as IELTS, for admission.
Student Life at Sylhet Women's Medical College
- For the convenience of students, the medical college has advanced facilities.
- This college’s infrastructure is cutting-edge, allowing for a better learning experience.
- The laboratories are well-equipped with cutting-edge tools and equipment.
- Audio and visual aids are used to advance the classrooms.
- On the college campus, there is a modern teaching hospital.
- Students can stay in separate hostels for boys and girls that are both comfortable and well-equipped.
- There is a resourceful library that can accommodate 200 students at once and has an exciting medical book collection with free internet access.
- The college encourages students to participate in both indoor and outdoor recreational activities.
- The entire campus is guarded and monitored by CCTV cameras.
- At the college, students participate in sports and cultural programs.
Sylhet: City at a Glance
- By air, it takes only 35 minutes to get from Dhaka to Sylhet, and it takes 4-5 hours by road.
- Sylhet has an excellent transportation system that connects it to Dhaka and the rest of the country by road, train, and air.
- The average monthly cost of living (food and transportation) for MBBS students at this college is $50.
- Sundarbans National Park is 427 kilometers from Sylhet and takes approximately 20 hours to reach.
- There are numerous Indian restaurants in the area, including The Luncheon Restaurant and Nawabs Kitchen.