Bangladesh is a South Asian country situated in the east of India on the Bay of Bengal. The country is known for its lush greenery and many waterways. The three largest rivers of Asia, the Ganges (locally known as the Padma), the Brahmaputra (locally known as the Jamuna), and the Meghna, flow through Bangladesh and form the fertile Bengal delta which is the largest delta in the world. The Sundarbans, located on the southern coast of Bangladesh which is an enormous mangrove forest, and the home of the Royal Bengal Tiger is shared between Bangladesh and India.
The geography of Bangladesh is divided into three regions. Most of the country is dominated by the fertile Ganges-Brahmaputra delta. The northwest and central parts of the country are formed by the Madhupur and the Barind plateaus. The northeast and southeast are home to evergreen hill ranges. The air temperature in this country has never been recorded below 0 °C. Bangladesh has a warm and humid monsoon season that lasts from June to October and supplies most of the country’s rainfall.
MBBS in Bangladesh- Overview
NMC(MCI) approved Universities: 7
Recognitions: MCI (NMC), ECFMG, USA, FAIMER’s IMED, ACGME, MCC and WDOMS
Course Duration: 5 years
Average Total Fees: INR 30 Lakhs- INR 45 Lakhs
Key Attractions Of MBBS in Bangladesh
- Quality Education
- Affordable and Advanced Learning
- Globally Recognized Universities
- Excellent MCI/NMC Result
- Ground Training in Clinical Rotation
- Similar cultural and food practices
Bangladesh is becoming a hot destination for students from countries like India, Nepal, etc for getting their MBBS degrees. Every year, a large number of international students apply in top medical universities in Bangladesh. The cost of living and education here is quite affordable as compared to other medical colleges around the world. The average cost of the MBBS degree in Bangladesh varies from INR 30 Lakhs to INR 45 Lakhs.
The medical universities in Bangladesh are recognized and approved by the NMC (National Medical Comission) erstwhile known as MCI (Medical Council of India); ECFMG – Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA; FAIMER’s IMED – Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research’s International Medical Education Directory; ACGME – Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education; MCC – Medical Council of Canada and WDOMS – World Health Organization. This helps the students who graduate from medical universities in Bangladesh to be eligible to appear for major tests like the USMLE, PLAB, and also the screening examination conducted by the National Board of Examinations, India, under the observation of the Medical Council Of India (MCI) and practice in all countries across the globe. The infrastructure and quality of education are very good. Students are provided with high-quality accommodation at much cheaper rates.
Why MBBS In Bangladesh?
Key Features Of Studying MBBS in Bangladesh
- Global Affiliated, Accredited, and Recognized Universities
- Affordable Fee Structure
- English is the medium of transaction
- Low cost of quality living
- Standard Infrastructure and hostel facilities
- Goal-Oriented Learnings
Reasons to choose MBBS in Bangladesh
- Easily Available Indian Food
- Closely knitted with the Indian culture and traditions
- Highest passing out rate in Medical Screening test of India (FMGE)
- Most of the universities have their own hospitals where the students practice
Bangladesh has shown a great improvement in terms of education. With time this country is becoming one of the preferred destinations for medical students around the world who want to get MBBS degree abroad. The following are the reasons why getting MBBS degree from Bangladesh is a good choice for international students:
- The standard of education is very good and is comparable to other developed countries.
- The cost of the complete course of MBBS in Bangladesh is quite affordable as compared to other countries across the world.
- The graduates from the medical universities in Bangladesh are given the opportunity to attend various international seminars and conferences. This helps in their development as successful doctors.
- Bangladesh has Top Medical Universities which offer world-class education with high-quality standards and well-experienced staff.
- The MBBS degree and other medical degrees obtained from a Bangladesh medical University are recognized by MCI. The students from India are able to come back and work in India.
- The accommodation is very affordable with high-quality standards and facilities.
Benefits of MBBS from Bangladesh
- No entrance test is required for admission which makes the admission process much easier.
- No donation is required to get admission in a Bangladesh medical college.
- Students studying in medical colleges in Bangladesh are given an opportunity to get an internship in some of the best multinational companies and hospitals in the world.
- Students are provided with practicals and experiments to improve their skills in a better way.
- The quality of infrastructure, education, and accommodation are comparable to other developed countries.
- The hospitals are well equipped with great infrastructure and technology.
Top Medical Universities in Bangladesh
- Z.H. Sikder Women’s Medical College
- Enam Medical College and Hospital
- Shahabuddin Medical College
- MH Samorita Medical College
- Medical College for Women and Hospital
- Dr. Sirajul Islam Medical College & Hospital
- Anwer Khan Modern Medical College
- Bangladesh University of Professionals
- Gono Bishwabiddalay, Bangladesh
MBBS In Bangladesh Fees 2022-2023
|NAME OF COLLEGE||TOTAL TUITION OF 5 YEARS||1st YEAR FEE||2ND TO 5TH YEAR TOTAL FEE PAY IN INSTALLMENTS||HOSTEL/ MONTH CHARGE||MESS/ MONTH CHARGE|
|Parkview Medical College, Sylhet||32000$||12000$||20,000$||50$/month||50-60$/ month|
|AD- Din Foundation Medical College, Dhaka||36,000$||21000$||15000$||50$/month||50$ / month|
|Marks Medical College, Dhaka||37,000$||15000$||22,000$||Included in tuition fee||<50$/month/td>|
|Sylhet Women Medical College, Sylhet||38,000$||20,570$||17,430$||60$/month||50-60$/ month|
|Mainamoti Medical Colleg, Comila||39000$||13000$||26,000$||included in tuition fee||50-60$/month|
|Dr. Sirajulislam Medical College, Dhaka||40,000$||20,000$||20,000$||included in tuition fee||50-60$/ month|
|Medical college for women and Hospital, Dhaka||45000$||21000$||24000$||100$/ month||50$/ month|
|IBN Sina Medical College, Dhaka||40,000$||21,000$||19,000$||Included in tuition fee||50$/ month|
|TMMS, R.U, Bogra||40,000$||17,500$||22,500$||Included in tuition fee||Included in tuition fee|
|Eastern Medical College, Comilla||43000$||22000$||21,000$||Included in tuition fee||50$/ month|
|North East Medical College, Sylhet||41,000$||15000$||26,000$||Included in tuition fee||50$/ month|
|Jalalabad Ragib Rabeya Medical College, Sylhet||42,950$||16000$||26,950$||Included in tuition fee||50$/ month|
|Kumudini Women’s Medical College, Tangail||43,100$||15000$||28,100$||Included in tuition fee||50$/ month|
|Anwer Khan Modern Medical College, Dhaka||44,000$||26000$||18,000$||Included in tuition fee||50$/ month|
|Shahabuddin Medical College, Dhaka||45000$||21000$||24000$||100$/month||50$/month|
|Green Life Medical College, Dhaka||42000$||24000$||18000$||98$/month||70$/month|
|Bangladesh Medical College, Dhaka||45,000$||25000$||20,000$||100$/month||60$/month|
|Enam Medical College and Hospital, Dhaka||40,000$||20,000$||20,000$||100$/month||60$/month|
|Dhaka National Medical College, Dhaka||48,000$||30,000$||18,000$||50$/month||50$/month|
|Holy Family Red Crescent Medical College, Dhaka||52,250$||28250$||24,000$||100$/month||30$/month|
|Aashiyan Medical College, Dhaka||38000$||14000$||24000$||Included in tuition fee||self|
|Prime Medical College, Rangpur||36000$||13,500$||22,500$||50$/month||35$/month|
|US Bangla Medical College, Narayangonj||34000$||12000$||22000$||Included in tuition fee||50$/month|
|Zainhul Haque Sikder Women’s Medical College & Hospital, Dhaka||40,000$||20,000$||20,000$||Included in tuition fee||50-60$/month|
|NAME OF COLLEGE||TOTAL TUITION OF 5 YEARS||1st YEAR FEE||Remaining Amount to be Paid at Installment Basis as Per College||HOSTEL/ MONTH CHARGE||MESS/ MONTH CHARGE|
|M H Samorita Medical College, Dhaka University||$41000(Only Tuition Fee)||$17000||$24000/-||Hostel Fee-50$ Per Month||Mess Fee-50$ Per Month|
Commonly Asked Questions
Yes, MBBS colleges in Bangladesh are known to be great in academics and practice.
Yes, the top medical universities of Bangladesh are recognized by institutions like, ECFMG, FAIMER, , MCC, WDOMS, NMC(MCI), etc which ensures that the curriculum is standardized at a global level. Thus, making it valid in India and overseas.
No, as per MCI’s latest announcement any student pursuing MBBS in India as well as abroad has to pass the NEET exam before applying.
To be eligible for applying to MBBS in Russia a student must have passed the 10+2 Exam from CBSE/I.C.S.E./ any other board recognized by Govt of India (with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology), NEET Score Card, 2 passport size photograph and a strong will to become a doctor.