Every year many students from across the world get admission in top medical universities in Barbados to study MBBS in Barbados. Barbados is a beautiful small island country in the Lesser Antilles, in the Americas. It is situated in the western area of the North Atlantic and 100 km (62 mi) east of the Windward Islands and the Caribbean Sea.
The name ‘Barbados’ was derived from the Bearded Fig Trees which were found in abundance at some point in time. This island is completely surrounded by the Atlantic Ocean.
Barbados is a mix of culture, food, nature, the sea, and an amazing climate. The climate in Barbados from June to November is rainy and is called the “wet season”. from December to May, the weather is dry and is called the “dry season”.
Barbados is a member of the World Trade Organization (WTO) and participates actively in its work. English is the official language of this country which helps international students to adapt easily. The literacy rate is 100% in this country.
A Brief Look at MBBS in Barbados
MCI (NMC) Approved Universities- – 8
Recognition– MCI, ECFMG, FAIMER, WDOMS
Course Duration– 5 years
The average cost of stay (Fee included)– INR 26 Lakhs- 40 Lakhs
Reasons to Choose MBBS in China–
- Quality Education
- Affordable and Advanced Learning
- Recognized Medical Degrees
- Bilingual Medium of Instruction
- A warm, welcoming & colorful culture
MBBS In Barbados
Barbados follows the US Education system and curriculum and hence is focused on preparing the Physician workforce for countries like USA, Canada, etc. The quality of education in this country is comparable to USA, UK, and other developed countries. Medical students pursuing their MBBS degree from Barbados get all the facilities at a very low cost. Admission in most of the medical universities in Barbados does not require IELTS or TOEFL. Medical students studying in Barbados Medical colleges also get a chance to do a clinical rotations program of 2 years in teaching hospitals in USA and UK which is a great opportunity for them.
The medical universities in Barbados are recognized and approved by the MCI – Medical Council of India; ECFMG – Education Council for Foreign Medical Graduates, USA; FAIMER’s IMED – Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research’s International Medical Education Directory; ACGME – Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education; MCC – Medical Council of Canada and WHO – World Health Organization.
Why MBBS In Barbados?
- Global Affiliated, Accredited, & Recognised Universities
All universities are recognized by WDOMS, FAIMER, ECFMG, and Medical Council of leading countries like the U.S.A, U.K, Middle East, Australia, India, Canada, etc.
- Practical Learning Experience
The curriculum for MBBS in Barbados features the right balance of theoretical studies and practical applications thereof, which makes it possible for students to gain practical learning experience.
- Resourceful Universities
The medical universities in Barbados are known for their outstanding infrastructure, technological advancements, and qualified lecturers, which makes it a popular choice for students around the globe.
- Feasible Study
Medical study in Barbados is extremely cost-effective given the high-quality learning environment. The overall cost of a stay, as well as the overall expenditure of living, often falls under the budget-friendly category.
- Recognized Universities
The medical universities in Barbados are listed in WDOMS, FAIMER, ECFMG, and recognized by medical councils of all major countries.
- Technically Equipped Learning
Medical schools in Barbados provide some of the best technologically supported learning methods. Students benefit from the use of technology by keeping their education up-to-date and interesting.
In spite of being a small country, Barbados has proved to be one of the favorable destinations for medical students around the world who want to get MBBS degree abroad. The affordable fee structure and quality of life in this country attract many students from various countries. The following are the reasons why Barbados is becoming a hot destination for MBBS:
- The standard of education is similar to the US as this country follows the US education system and curriculum.
- The graduates from the medical universities in Barbados are given the opportunity to attend various international seminars and conferences. This helps in their development as successful doctors.
- The cost of the complete course of MBBS in Barbados is quite affordable as compared to U.S., Korea, Japan, and other European countries.
- Barbados has Top Medical Universities which offer world-class education with high-quality standards and well-experienced staff.
- The MBBS degree and other medical degrees obtained from a Barbados Medical University are recognized by MCI. The students from India are able to come back and work in India.
Advantages of Studying MBBS in Barbados for Indian Students
- Global Exposure & Recognition
- Easy Admission Procedure
- No Admission Fee or Hidden Charges
- No Donation Required
- Feasible Cost Of Living
- Affordable Fee Structure
- Paradised living experience
- Unlimited Career Scope
Who can apply for MBBS in Barbados?
- All students who have reached the age of 17 by the 31st December of their year of admission.
- Students possessing CBSE/ICSE or any other equivalent board examinations with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Those who have qualified for NEET (as of the most recent notification from MCI)
Benefits of MBBS from Barbados
- The MBBS degree from Barbados Medical University is recognized by WHO and UNESCO and is accepted globally.
- No entrance test is required for admission which makes the admission process much easier.
- Students are provided with practicals and experiments to improve their skills in a better way.
- Students studying in medical colleges in Barbados are given a chance to get an internship in some of the best multinational companies and hospitals of the world.
- The quality of infrastructure, education, and accommodation is comparable to other developed countries.
- The hospitals are well equipped with great infrastructure and technology.
- The medium of teaching is English which helps medical students from around the world to learn better.
Top Medical Universities in Barbados
- American University of Barbados
- American University of Integrative Sciences
- Bridgetown International University
- University of the West Indies Faculty of Medicine (Cave Hill)
- Victoria University of Barbados, School Of Medicine