Mari State University
Established in 1972 by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation. Mari State University (MarSU) is one of the rapidly growing classical universities of the Mari El Republic, Russia, located in the scenic city of Yoshkar-Ola which is the capital of Mari El Republic.
The core aim of the university is to make higher education more accessible to all students around the world, allowing them to develop holistically and prepare them as specialists to work in the field of health care. The university curriculum and environment focuses on the developing and implementing innovative diagnostic, treatment, and prevention technologies while nurturing the essential values of compassion and empathy among its students.
At present, the infrastructure at Mari State University features 7 university buildings and 8 hostel facilities. The university’s library comprises more than 1.1 million books. There are 7 reading rooms with more than 529 seats. The electronic catalogue of the library contains more than 200 thousand units and 17 databases. The university has a huge campus with a total area of 1,28,000 square metres. There are 400 candidates of sciences and associate lecturers and there is a staff of about 100 doctors of sciences and professors.
Mari State University Overview
Mari State University- Key Highlights 2023
|University Recognitions||ECFMG, WDOMS, FAIMER, NMC (erstwhile MCI)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|MBBS Course Duration||6 years (with internship)|
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualified Class 12 with 50% marks in PCB|
|No. of Indian Students (currently enrolled)||1100+|
|Avg. Tuition Fees (complete)||Rs. 16,00,000*|
|Avg. Cost of Living (per month)||Rs. 8,000- Rs.10,000|
|Avg Hostel Fees & Other Charges (per year)||Included in Tuition Fess|
Faculties At Mari State University
Mari State University provides various programs under its names. At present , the university consists of 6 Faculties, however, the Faculty of Medicine is one of the most popular among the Indian students. Under the Faculty of Medicine, the university offers various courses such as
- General Medicine
- Preventive Care
- Clinical Psychology
- Pharmacy & Nursing
Mari State University Fee Structure 2023
Mari State University Fees Structure
Included in Tuition fee
Total Fees in USD
Total Fees in Rs
*Calculations are as per the current market value of Indian Rupee against US Dollar (1 USD = INR 75)
- The above-mentioned fee structure is the final amount to be paid by the student to Rus Education.
- This fee package includes Tuition fee, Hostel accommodation fee, medical insurance, remuneration to the centre, MCI coaching for the complete duration of the course, airport transfer to the university, a phone call to parents on arrival in the university, study material in English Language, documentation of the student in the university, free translator to facilitate, and other services.
The course duration of MBBS in Mari State University, Russia is approximately 6 years. During these years, the students are not only trained in the regards of the academics but also are enriched with required personal and professional skills for their future role.
Medium of Teaching
The medium of classroom instruction and teaching at MarSU is English. All the formal assessments and interactions are done in the English language. However the students are taught the basics of the Russian language in the initial years, so that they can easily interact with the locals at the time of internships.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission in Mari State University
- The student should have qualified class 10 and 12 from any recognised education board/institution
- The student must have scored at least 50% in their class-12 while studying Physics, Chemistry, Biology (or any equivalent subject)
- The student must be of 17 years of age
- The student should qualify the NEET-UG exam with the required marks.
- 50th percentile for the students of general/EWS category is 50th percentile.
- 45th percentile for the students belonging to PwD
- 40th percentile for the students belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category
- The students must possess a valid NEET Score card.
- Fill in the admission Form
- Submit it after attaching all the required documents
- Receive the admission/acceptance letter from the university
- Apply for the Student Visa
- Prepare & travel to your university
- Complete the formalities at the university
From filling up the admission form, arranging the documents, applying for visa, loan assistance, travel, formalities at the university, arranging accommodations till the hostels are provided, etc, the team of Rus Education assists you at every step.
Documents Required For Admission
At the time of MBBS admissions at Mari State University, the Indian students are required to procure the following documents.
- Class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet
- Class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet
- NEET score card
- Birth certificate
- Valid passport
- Passport-size photographs
- Medical test report including HIV negative report.
Why Study MBBS at Mari State University, Russia?
- Globally recognised medical education
- Affordable Fees
- The quality of education is at par with the international standards.
- Well equipped classrooms and laboratories
- Modern infrastructure
- Simple admission process
- No Donation
- No entrance tests required like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Study complete course in English language
- More than 1100 students currently studying at MarSU
- Largest research centres in the region, where students can get their hands-on-learning.
- Wide range of facilities for the students such as sports, arts and social and other enriching activities.
Hostel & Mess Facilities For Indian Students At Mari State University
- Hostels at MarSU:
- MarSU has an arrangement of comfortable hostels for all its international students, located close to the main campus.
- The rooms are oftentimes shared between 2-3 students and are equipped with all the essential requirements.
- The accommodation is comfortable with a centralised air conditioning system, Wifi, ready room, electric supply, water supply, etc.
- Mess Facility at MarSU:
- MarSU has arrangements for Indian mess facilities for the Indian students.
- The mess provides hygienic, nutritious, tasty Indian food for all the students.
- The mess also provides the students with a common space to interact with each other and create beautiful memories.
Student Life at Mari State University
With MarSU being a home of 1100+ Indian students, the student life at the university is extremely colourful and filled with excitement.
- The university offers scientific communities, sports schools, volunteering, charity work, Interest clubs, public work, cultural events and much more to the students.
- The students during their stay are encouraged to participate in the youth forums, seminars, and conferences held at various national and international levels.
- The university has various resources for sports activities for students such as a well built sports complex.
- The university has a mini-football field, track, and field complex, two sandy courts for beach football, Asphalt Court for team sports, gyms, fitness rooms, two exercise rooms for aerobics, and a shooting range as well as indoor courts for playing basketball, and volleyball.
- Apart from that there are scientific communities, interest clubs, sports schools, volunteering, charity work, public work, cultural events, etc where the students can explore their interests and pursue their passion.
- The university also frequently organises activities to celebrate various events such as Indian Independence Day, Diwali, Holi, Eid Celebration etc.
City at a Glance
- Yoshkar-Ola is included in the list of historic cities of Russia.
- Climatic conditions in Yoshkar-Ola are very pleasant. Summers are quite comfortable and partly cloudy and the winters are long, freezing, snowy and overcast.
- Yoshkar-Ola is connected with other cities and towns by several bus and railway routes. There are regular runs to/from Moscow city by trains from Yoshkar-Ola railway station.
- Main attractions of the city are its City centre, National Art Gallery, Museum of the History of Yoshkar-Ola, Green-domed Cathedral of the Resurrection of Christ, Riverside
Yes, the medical degree from Mari State University is recognised by various bodies like ECFMG, FAIMER and WDOMS and approved by the medical councils of many countries like India, Canada, Australia, etc.
The duration of the MBBS program is 6 years. The initial features the classroom and theoretical knowledge. The clinical rotation is of 1.5 years featuring real-time experiential learning.
You have plenty of options after completing the MBBS degree from Mari State University. You will be eligible to study or practice in the USA, Canada, Australia, UK, India or any other country.
Yes, as there are more than 3000+ students from India currently studying in the university, the university ensures that they are well adjusted and comfortable with the new surroundings and hence provide Indian canteen with quality Indian food for them.
Yes, the university is known for its rich and equipped infrastructure to support the learning. The University campus has 8 halls of residence, and 7 educational buildings. The campus is spread over the vast area of 128,000 square meters.
The University provides full security to students living on campus including but not limited to 24-hour CCTV coverage, electronic access to hostels, security guards at every required check post and many more.
The university has many clubs to promote the social development of students like “The Voice of Youth ”, KVN (“Club of the Funny and Inventive”), etc. The university provides ample opportunities to the students in the form of writing grants, doing projects in different areas, such as: business, innovative and scientific activity, art square, patriotic education, volunteering, student government, youth initiatives, and media technologies other than the many sports events,
For admission in MBBS program in Mari State University the student of India must, be of the age of 17years as on the year of admission, have passed class 12 exam with at least 50% core in Physics, Chemistry and Biology and have qualified NEET UG Exam.