Orel State University
Founded in 1931 and named after I.S. Turgenev, Orel State University is the first leading Russian university located in Oryol city and the only multidisciplinary educational institution conducting continuous training of specialists in the areas of pedagogical, medical, engineering, humanities, and natural science. Orel State University was established as an industrial Pedagogical Institute and on 11 September 1996, it was renamed Orel State University. The university offers one of the best MBBS studies in Russia.
Orel State University, Russia is the only traditional university that has a membership in the Association of classical universities of the Russian Federation. The university provides training in various areas and specialties of higher and postgraduate education, training, and re-training.
At present, the medical institute at the university has 16 departments having 100+ teachers, 30 professors, 77 associate professors, 12 academicians, 3 honored scientists of the Russian Federation, 8 honored doctors of the Russian Federation, and 11 members of other public academics. The university has 297 educational programs for 940+ doctors and students of medicine. There are about 2,000 international students, including 400+ Indian students, studying medicine at the Orel State University.
Orel State University Overview
Year of Establishment
Type of University
Duration of MBBS
6 years (Including one year of internship)
NMC (erstwhile MCI), FAIMER, WDOMS, & ECFMG
Medium of teaching
Eligibility Exam (IELTS/TOEFL)
Recognitions of Orel State University
Orel State University in Russia is recognized by the following statutory bodies:
- National Medical Commission (erstwhile Medical Council of India);
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS);
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG);
- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
Faculties of Orel State University
The faculties for MBBS students at Orel State University include:
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pediatrics
To study MBBS in Russia eligibility for Indian students is identified by the National Medical Commission (NMC) erstwhile the Medical Council of India (MCI) as per the 7th session meeting of MCI on 29th March 2017. Eligibility for MBBS Admissions in Russia For Indian Students:
- Students should have passed 10+2 or equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- The student must have scored 50% for unreserved categories & 40% for reserved categories in PCB subjects in Class 12.
- The student should have completed 17 years as in the year of admission.
- The student must have qualified the NEET exam and possess a valid score card, i.e. 50th percentile for unreserved & 40th percentile for the reserved categories.
Any applicant interested in applying to Orel State University for MBBS in Russia have to follow the following admission procedure:
- Fill up the application form of Orel State University.
- Submit the necessary documents for admission online such as school passing certificates ,etc.
- The applicant will receive an admission/acceptance letter from the university confirming the admission.
- Submit your passport and admission letter to apply for a student visa.
- Pay your tuition fees. If any student wants to avail an education loan, Rus Education will take you through the complete loan procedure.
- Make arrangements for your travel to Russia for your medical studies.
The following is the list of all the basic documents required for your MBBS admission in Russia:
- Duly filled-in Admission form
- Scanned copy of Class 12th Pass Certificate/Mark sheet
- Scanned copy of Class 10th Pass Certificate
- NEET Result/Admit Card.
- Scanned copy of Passport (first and last page)
- ID Proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.) if Passport is not ready at the time of application.
- Medical report with HIV report at the time of Visa stamping
Other documents such as admission letters from the university, converted currencies, etc are facilitated by the team of Rus Education.
Why Study MBBS at Orel State University?
Here are the reasons why Indian students should study MBBS in Russia at Orel State University:
- Orel State University is the flagship university in Russia offering high-quality medical education to Indian students.
- The Orel State University MBBS fees is affordable.
- The MBBS admission process is simple and hassle-free.
- The university offers a conducive environment for Indian students to better adapt to a new country.
- The teaching staff at the university is highly-qualified and experienced.
- The university has well-equipped laboratories and classrooms for an enhanced teaching and learning environment for the students.
- There is a state-of-the-art infrastructure within the university to accommodate all the students.
- Orel State University offers a well-recognized MBBS degree to all its Indian students accepted globally.
- The university does not ask for any donations or capitation fees from the students.
- It has a student welfare association redefining the methodologies of learning and teaching.
Student Life at Orel State University
- The hostels at Orel State University are the best in class and can accommodate around 1100 students.
- There are 9 hostels in the university for foreign students (including Indians) with the facility of kitchens, bathrooms, beds, tables, chairs, etc.
- The university has a good CCTV surveillance system for the safety of students.
- The university organizes sports activities for its students for the promotion of healthy lifestyles.
- There is a library with approx. 8 lakhs books to support the academics of its students.
Oryol: City At A Glance
- The city is located alongside the Oka River in the European part of Russia.
- The approximate distance between Moscow and Oryol is 363 kilometers.
- Fomichev’s House, Governor House, and the Rodina movie theater are the main attractions of the city.
- Oryol city has a moderate continental climate.
- The winters are moderately cold and summers extremely hot. The average temperature in January is -6.7°C and the average temperature in July is 20.5°C.