Samara State Medical University
Founded in 1919, Samara State Medical University is one of the largest and most authoritative universities of Russia. It is also one of the best medical universities for students looking forward to studying MBBS in Russia.
The mission of the university is to train the high-level professionals in the field of medicine, culture, the best practice of local and international education and science. The scientific and innovative activities of the university go beyond the theoretical and experimental limits providing a strong learning environment to the students.
The university has 6 faculties with 50+ departments. The teaching staff at the university includes the laureates with high honorary titles and scientific degrees. The university has its own multidisciplinary clinic with a capacity of 1000+ beds. The university owns 8 research institutes.
Samara State Medical University Overview
Samara State Medical University- Key Highlights 2024
ECFMG, WDOMS, FAIMER, NMC (erstwhile MCI), AMC, GMC PLAB, etc
Medium of Teaching
MBBS Course Duration
6 years (with internship)
Qualified Class 12 with 50% marks in PCB
Faculties At Samara State Medical University
There are 6 faculties at the Samara State Medical University:
- Faculty of General Medicine.
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine.
- Faculty of Nursing Education.
- Faculty of vocational education.
- Faculty of Innovative Development.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission in Samara State Medical University
MBBS in Russia eligibility for Indian students is identified by the National Medical Commission (NMC) erstwhile the Medical Council of India (MCI) as per the 7th session meeting of MCI on 29th March 2017. Eligibility for MBBS Admissions in Russia For Indian Students:
- Students should have passed 10+2 or equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- The student must have scored 50% for unreserved categories & 40% for reserved categories in PCB subjects in Class 12.
- The student should have completed 17 years as in the year of admission.
- The student must have qualified NEET exam and possess a valid score card, i.e. 50th percentile for unreserved & 40th percentile for the reserved categories.
To start your MBBS study in Russia, the students are required to follow the following admission procedure:
- Choose the Best University for Your MBBS in Russia Make your choice from the best medical universities in Russia. Rus Education helps you make the best choice per your individual needs and interests.
- Fill in the Application Form Once you have chosen the university, take the first step by filling up the application form and submit all the necessary documents.
- Get Your Admission Letter Receive your admission letter from the university and start packing your bags to your destination.
- Get Your Visa Submit your passport and other required documents. The team of Rus Education helps you at every stage of the entire process of getting your visa.
- Pay Your Tuition Fees Clear your tuition fees and if required, education loan, contact Rus Education. Our team will guide you with the entire loan procedure.
- Pack Your Suitcase Grab up your favourite suitcase and dresses and finish up your packing. Remember to keep the thermals!
- Welcome to Study in Russia! Board your flights to Russia with us and start your journey to make your dream a reality with MBBS in Russia
The following is the list of all the basic documents required for your MBBS admission in Samara State Medical University:
- Duly filled-in Admission form
- Scanned copy of Class 12th Pass Certificate/Mark sheet
- Scanned copy of Class 10th Pass Certificate
- NEET Result/Admit Card.
- Scanned copy of Passport (first and last page)
- ID Proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.) if Passport is not ready at the time of application.
- Medical report with HIV report at the time of Visa stamping
Other documents such as admission letters from the university, converted currencies, etc are facilitated by the team of Rus Education.
Why Study MBBS at Samara State Medical University, Russia?
- The university has the largest campus in the city.
- Samara State Medical University MBBS fee is very affordable and guarantees high quality.
- Students are trained to have academic and practical knowledge.
- Collaboration with 40+ reputable international institutions for research
- The university has built many partnerships with more than 40 Russian and international organisations.
Student life at Samara State Medical University
- With their MBBS admissions in Samara State Medical University, students can spend leisure time meaningfully, in a diverse, interesting setting, enhancing their educational prospects.
- It also provides Indian students with comfortable dining and accommodation facilities, as well as Indian delicacies.
- Rooms are fully furnished and decorated with all basic amenities, and there is a sense of cleanliness and well-being throughout.
- Several cultural and sports activities are organised by the University management for the benefit of the students.
City At Glance- Samara, Russia
- Samara is 857km away from Moscow which can be covered in approximately 4 hrs by flight, 14 hrs by train and a day by road.
- The weather at Samara City has short & dry summers, and cool and dry winters. The overall weather remains clear.
- The popular places includes- Samara Regional Art Museum, Stalin’s Bunker, Samara Zoological Park, Samara Embankment, Galileo Park, Observation Point, Kubychev Square, Stalin’s Bunker, Leningradskaya Street, etc.