Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University
Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University (NNSMA), now known as Privolzhsky Research Medical University, is a major center for training medical practitioners in one of the largest regions of the European part of Russia.
The medical faculty was opened in 1920 as a faculty of Nizhny Novgorod University. In 1994 it got a status of the State Medical Academy.
In 1992 the Faculty of Overseas Admissions was opened in NNSMA. Since the 1998-99 academic year the Academy has started training of international students in the English Medium.
The university closely collaborates with various global medical scientific research institutes, clinics and medical centers to help the students with the application skills of their gained theoretical knowledge in the practice and discover nuances of their future work from the very first years of study. The University is associated with many teaching hospitals distributed throughout the city, where the students learn many basic clinical skills.
Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University Overview
ECFMG, WDOMS, FAIMER, NMC (erstwhile MCI), AMC, GMC PLAB, etc
Medium of Teaching
MBBS Course Duration
6 years (with internship)
Qualified Class 12 with 50% marks in PCB
Faculties At Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Higher Nursing Education
Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University Fee Structure
Total Course Package
Total Fees in USD
Total Fees in Rs
*Calculations are as per the current market value of Indian Rupee against US Dollar (1 USD = INR 75)
- The above-mentioned fee structure is the final amount to be paid by the student to Rus Education.
- This fee package includes Tuition fee, Hostel accommodation fee, medical insurance, remuneration to the centre, MCI coaching for the complete duration of the course, airport transfer to the university, a phone call to parents on arrival in the university, study material in English Language, documentation of the student in the university, free translator to facilitate, and other services.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission in Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University
- The student should have qualified class 10 and 12 from any recognised education board/institution
- The student must have scored at least 50% in their class-12 while studying Physics, Chemistry, Biology (or any equivalent subject)
- The student must be of 17 years of age
- The student should qualify the NEET-UG exam with the required marks.
- 50th percentile for the students of general/EWS category is 50th percentile.
- 45th percentile for the students belonging to PwD
- 40th percentile for the students belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category
- The students must possess a valid NEET Score card.
- Fill in the admission Form
- Submit it after attaching all the required documents
- Receive the admission/acceptance letter from the university
- Apply for the Student Visa
- Prepare & travel to your university
- Complete the formalities at the university
From filling up the admission form, arranging the documents, applying for visa, loan assistance, travel, formalities at the university, arranging accommodations till the hostels are provided, etc, the team of Rus Education assists you at every step.
The admission process for MBBS course in Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University requires the submission of the following documents:
- Pass certificates and mark sheet of class 10th and 12th.
- HIV negative report
- Valid passport
- Passport size photos
- NEET scorecard
- Transfer and migration certificate
Why Study MBBS at Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University, Russia?
- The university offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses in English medium at an affordable cost.
- The medical degree is recognized by various national and international recognising bodies.
- The curriculum is industry oriented and uses the best methodology.
- The university offers the world class educational infrastructure to its students.
- The faculty, researchers, and students at the university represent over 50 countries.
Student Life At Nizhny Novgorod State Medical University
- Students are provided with comfortable double rooms at 3 modern equipped and resourceful hostels situated in the medical campus.
- Students have all conditions for enjoying sport and social activities: sport halls, swimming pools, Internet.
- Different social and cultural events are organized for foreign students.
- The academy provides a springboard for sportsmen with sporting facilities such as a sports complex, including gymnasium, indoor football, badminton, tennis, volleyball, athletic stadiums, etc.
- The Faculty’s staff encourages academic, national and other interests of students. National and International associations of students are being organized to unite students from different countries.
City at a Glance
- Syktyvkar is the capital city of the Komi Republic, Russia, as well as its largest city.
- There are over 120 religious communities and societies in Nizhny Novgorod, including those for followers of Orthodox, Muslim, Jewish, Evangelistic, Lutheran, Buddhist, and other religions.
- It’s known for its 16th-century Kremlin, ringed by 13 fortified towers, including the Dmitrovskaya Tower, green-spired Cathedral of the Archangel Michael
- Among the city’s key attractions, there are various sites like Nizhny Novgorod State Art Museum, etc.
- The biggest lake is the Svetloyar which is mentioned in the legend about the “Russian Atlantis” is also located in the city.