Irkutsk State Medical University
Established in 1919, Irkutsk State Medical University is a well-known educational institution that provides medical education of the highest quality. The university promotes values and principles of innovation, respect, social commitment, responsibility, thoroughness, patient partnership and improving health and well-being among the students.
The present university is an internationally renowned institution that has the threefold mission of education, research and the improvement of health in the areas of clinical sciences, basic sciences and health sciences. The university complex includes 9 academic buildings for the students. The university has several hundred students enrolled from 20+ countries across the globe.
At present the university has 63 departments in 7 faculties and includes the highly professional teaching staff of 100+ doctors and 350+ candidates of sciences.
Irkutsk State University Overview
ECFMG, WDOMS, FAIMER, NMC (erstwhile MCI), AMC, GMC PLAB, etc
Medium of Teaching
MBBS Course Duration
6 years (with internship)
Qualified Class 12 with 50% marks in PCB
Faculties At Irkutsk State University
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Paediatrics
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Stomatology/ Dentistry
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Nursing
To study MBBS in Russia eligibility for Indian students is identified by the National Medical Commission (NMC) erstwhile the Medical Council of India (MCI) as per the 7th session meeting of MCI on 29th March 2017. Eligibility for MBBS Admissions in Russia For Indian Students:
- Students should have passed 10+2 or equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- The student must have scored 50% for unreserved categories & 40% for reserved categories in PCB subjects in Class 12.
- The student should have completed 17 years as in the year of admission.
- The student must have qualified NEET exam and possess a valid score card, i.e. 50th percentile for unreserved & 40th percentile for the reserved categories.
To start your MBBS study in Russia, the students are required to follow the following admission procedure:
- Choose the Best University for Your MBBS in Russia Make your choice from the best medical universities in Russia. Rus Education helps you make the best choice per your individual needs and interests.
- Fill in the Application Form Once you have chosen the university, take the first step by filling up the application form and submit all the necessary documents.
- Get Your Admission Letter Receive your admission letter from the university and start packing your bags to your destination.
- Get Your Visa Submit your passport and other required documents. The team of Rus Education helps you at every stage of the entire process of getting your visa.
- Pay Your Tuition Fees Clear your tuition fees and if required, education loan, contact Rus Education. Our team will guide you with the entire loan procedure.
- Pack Your Suitcase Grab up your favourite suitcase and dresses and finish up your packing. Remember to keep the thermals!
- Welcome to Study in Russia! Board your flights to Russia with us and start your journey to make your dream a reality with MBBS in Russia
The following is the list of all the basic documents required for your MBBS admission in Irkutsk State University:
- Duly filled-in Admission form
- Scanned copy of Class 12th Pass Certificate/Mark sheet
- Scanned copy of Class 10th Pass Certificate
- NEET Result/Admit Card.
- Scanned copy of Passport (first and last page)
- ID Proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.) if Passport is not ready at the time of application.
- Medical report with HIV report at the time of Visa stamping
Other documents such as admission letters from the university, converted currencies, etc are facilitated by the team of Rus Education.
Why Study MBBS at Irkutsk State University, Russia?
- Medical education at Irkutsk State University is not only globally recognised but also affordable.
- The university has international cooperation with many nations for academic & research purposes.
- The complete MBBS course is in English language
- The university has a direct admission process- no donation, no entrance exam, no interview.
Student Life At Irkutsk State University
- The university offers a comfortable living space for the students that are fully furnished, aesthetically designed and equipped with the necessary arrangements.
- The university has a bustling mess vicinity for the international students and provides the hygienic and nutritious food.
- The hostels also has an availability of Recreation rooms, gyms, laundry rooms
- The university promotes student participation in extracurricular activities through clubs and competitions.
City At Glance- Irkutsk State University
- Irkutsk is one of the largest cities in Eastern Russia.
- The city is 4202 kilometres (2611 miles) away from Moscow
- The distance can be covered via a 7 hr flight, 2 day drive or 3 day train journey
- The climate in Irkutsk is Continental to the extreme. The winter is sunny. The average temperature in January runs from -15to-35°C.
- The popular places in the city include- Cathedral of the Kazan Icon of the Mother of God, Irkutsk Regional Memorial Decembrists Museum, Volkonsky House, Gallery of V. Bronshteyn, Znamensky Monastery, Nizhnyaya Naberezhnaya Angary, Cathedral of The Epiphany, etc