Now renowned as Diabetic Association Medical College Hospital, Faridpur Diabetes Medical College is one of the top medical educational institutions to study MBBS in Bangladesh. Established in 2009, Faridpur Diabetes Medical College is an institution of the Faridpur Diabetic Association (FDA) and holds affiliation with Dhaka University. The medical college is recognized by the Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BM&DC) and approved by the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare, Bangladesh.
Ever since the medical college laid its foundation in 2009, Faridpur Diabetes Medical College has successfully gained a good reputation among national and international medical aspirants for not for its high-quality medical education at affordable tuition fees but also for taking care of the comfort of its international students with its fully-furnished hostel facilities. Faridpur Diabetes Medical College has a 500-bed teaching hospital providing tertiary care to patients and clinical services in various departments of medical science. The primary aim of Faridpur Diabetes Medical College is to be a center of excellence for medical education, training, and clinical services.
Faridpur Diabetes Medical College: Quick Overview
Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (Bangladesh), and National Medical Commission (NMC), World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS), Medical Council of Canada (MCC), and ECFMG
Medium of Teaching
MBBS Course Duration
6 years (with internship)
No. of Indian students (currently enrolled)
Why Study MBBS at Faridpur Diabetes Medical College?
- Low-cost MBBS fees.
- Comfortable and fully-furnished hostel accommodation.
- Hygienic Indian food.
- Professional and qualified medical faculty and professors.
- High standards of medical education.
- Multicultural environment due to the presence of international students.
- No donations or capitation fees.
- No entrance exams like IELTS and TOEFL.
- Well-recognized by NMC, WDOMS, BM&DC, ECFMG, etc.
- Opportunities to practice medicine in India, the USA, Bangladesh, Americas, etc.
- Good teacher and student ratio.
- Fully functional teaching hospital with 500-bed facilities.
- Modern infrastructure like well-equipped labs, advanced classrooms, etc.
- Globally recognized medical degree.
MBBS Syllabus of Faridpur Diabetes Medical College
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
First professional MBBS
Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine
Second professional MBBS
Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Pathology, and Microbiology
Third professional MBBS
Medicine & Allied subjects , Surgery & Allied subjects, and Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Fourth professional MBBS
Faridpur Diabetes Medical College Fees Structure 2023-24
Internee fee (Refundable as an honorarium during internship)
[15,000 BDT x 12 months = 1,80,000 BDT equivalent US Dollar]
Tuition fee for 5 years (US $ 100 per month)
Accommodation fee (Hostel seat rent US $ 50 per month) for 5 years
Total fees in USD
Total fees in INR
Eligibility Criteria For Admission to Faridpur Diabetes Medical College
According to the National Medical Commission, the following is the admission criteria for Indian students to study MBBS in Bangladesh at Faridpur Diabetes Medical College.
- Academic requirement: The candidate must have passed 10+2 from a recognized board with 60% in PCB subjects.
- Age requirement: The age of the candidate must be 17 years by 31st December in the admission year.
- NEET requirement: The candidate must have a valid scorecard with qualifying marks.
Admission Procedure For Faridpur Diabetes Medical College
Faridpur Diabetes Medical College in Bangladesh has a simple admission process for Indian students.
- Submitting the admission form of the university along with the supporting documents.
- Receive an admission letter from the university.
- Apply for the student visa while submitting your passport and other documents.
- Make payment of your first-year tuition fee.
- Board your flights to Bangladesh.
Documents Required For Admission
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 11th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Original passport
- Police clearance certificate
- Affidavit (sponsorship)
- Bank statement (six months)
- University admission letter
- University fee confirmation letter
- Equivalence certificate (from university)
- University admission form
- Visa application form
- 12 Photographs on matt paper
- Equivalence TT copy
- University fee TT copy
- Demand draft in favor of Bangladesh High Commission
Documents such as the admission letter from the university, converted currencies, etc., will be facilitated by the team of Rus Education.
Student Life at Faridpur Diabetes Medical College
- Faridpur Diabetes Medical College in Bangladesh promises a lively, vibrant, and comfortable life to its students.
- Extracurricular and recreational activities are promoted by the college management for the development of its students.
- Clinical training of students is conducted in the teaching hospital of the university.
- The safety and security of students are ensured through 24*7 CCTV surveillance and tough security at the college premises.
- Students revel in the celebrations of festivals in various countries, including India.
- The university has a resourceful library stacked with medical books, journals, etc.
- Students can enjoy delicious and hygienic Indian cuisine in the college mess.
- Various conferences and seminars are organized for the students to enhance their medical knowledge.
- The hostels have access to all the necessities like water, electricity, beds, tables, chairs, etc.
City Highlights: Faridpur
- The most spoken languages in Faridpur are Bengali, English, Nepali, and Urdu.
- Faridpur is almost 3 hours away from the capital city of Dhaka.
- Faridpur has a Tropical wet and dry or savanna climate. The wet season is hot, harsh, and mostly cloudy and the dry season is warm and mostly clear.
- The main attractions in Faridpur are Faridpur Museum, Satoir Mosque, Tepakhola Lake, and National Martyrs’ Monument.
- There are 4 ways to reach Faridpur in Bangladesh from Kolkata in India by train, taxi, bus, car or plane.