Baikal State University in Russia
Baikal State University, Irkutsk, Russia, is one of the renowned institutions in Russia offering higher education in Economics, Management, and Law to all aspirants from Russia as well as across the globe. Founded in 1930, the university is also known as Baikal National University of Economics and Law. It is a Russian State University in Siberia. The university is one of the largest academic institutions and Scientific Centers in Russia.
The university offers more than 117 basic educational programs for Russian and Foreign students in the fields of economics, law, management, international relations, linguistics, and many other programs. The university co-operates with more than 50 universities in different parts of the world including Austria, France, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Germany, Canada, China, Mongolia, Czech Republic, and Japan. Additionally, the university is in cooperation with universities from China, France, and Austria for a wide range of double degree programs.
A highly qualified teaching staff, well-established scientific schools, and a diverse array of academic programs all ensure the high-quality training of potential specialists and executives. Baikal State University ranks among the top universities in Russia in terms of quality of education in various programs. Today, the university has produced thousands of graduates who are actively working in renowned local and international spheres in both public and private sectors.
The Academic structure of the university consists of 5 departments and 1 faculty. Baikal State University today has more than 15,000 students and over 526 teachers, including 70 professors with post-doctoral degrees and 290 teachers with PhDs.
The university has 30 beautifully designed buildings with modern equipment and faculties to train students; it is also equipped with a leisure center such as a movie theatre for students; a unified network with Internet access, a library with 1 billion collections of books, 6 reading halls and an electronic library system; 10 research journals; TV studio. BSU also has its own publishing house.
At the university, students are provided comfortable accommodation with 4 well-furnished dormitories, which are designed for the comfort and safety of the students. There are reading rooms, common rooms, fitness rooms, sports grounds, a leisure center, Internet access, and more to ensure adequate living conditions for the students.
Overview of Higher Education At Baikal State University, Russia
|Year of Establishment||1930|
|University Recognitions||Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|Courses Duration||4 years|
|Requirement of IELTS/TOEFL||No|
Faculties and Departments of Baikal State University
The faculties for medical aspirants at Baikal State University include:
- Department of Management and Finance;
- Department of State and Law;
- Department of International Economy and Relations;
- Department of National Economy;
- Department of Culture, Social Communication and Informational Technology
- International Faculty
Why Study at Baikal State University, Russia?
Here are the reasons why Indian students should study in Russia at Baikal State University
- Baikal State University is the flagship university offering higher education in Russia for Indian students
- The university is located in Irkutsk, Russia
- The university is recognized by the Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation,
- No donations are required for Admission
- Budget-friendly higher education in Russia
- High-quality Bachelor Degree
- English Medium of instructions
- 526 Excellent teaching staff and renowned faculty members, including 70 professors with post-doctoral degrees and 290 teachers with PhDs.
- Advanced classrooms with modern equipment and technologies to educate students
- One of the largest academic institutions and Scientific Centers in Russia.
- The university has a library equipped with more than 1 billion collection of books, 6 reading halls and an electronic library system; 10 research journals.
- Social, cultural, and humanitarian activities are promoted at the university
- Graduates from the university are of high demand in the Russian and international job markets
- The university has an International relations department for foreign students.
- The university cooperates with 50+ universities in 10 countries across the world, encouraging International Exchange programs for the development of the students.
Eligibility Criteria for Admissions to Baikal State University
Students aspiring to take admission in Baikal State University for higher education in Russia in the field of Economics, Management, Law and other courses, must fulfill the following conditions:
- Age requirement: A student must be aged between 17-25 years in the admission year.
- Academic requirement: Minimum 50% aggregate score in marks in subjects including English, economics, political science, philosophy, mathematics, finance, and business from a recognized board.
Step-by-step Admission Process
Below is the admission procedure for higher education at Baikal State University in Russia:
Step 1: Fill and submit the application form of the university along with the necessary documents such as school passing certificates, etc.
Step 2: Applicant will receive the admission letter from the University.
Step 3: Submit the application for the student visa along with the original passport and other required documents.
Step 4: Pay your tuition fees. If any student wants to avail an education loan, Rus Education will take you through the complete loan procedure.
Step 5: Prepare for your travel to Russia for your Bachelor degree.
Step 6: Board your flights to Russia.
Documents Required For Admission
The following is the list of all the basic documents required for your higher education admission in Russia:
- Birth certificate
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 11th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Migration Certificate
- Original passport or ID Proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.) if the Passport is not ready at the time of application.
- Medical Reports including HIV test report
- Passport size photos
- Offer letter from the university
- Visa application form
Documents such as admission letters from the university, converted currencies, etc., will be facilitated by the team of Rus Education.
Student Life At Baikal State University
- Baikal State University provides a conducive environment to the students to thrive.
- The university boasts four well-furnished dormitories equipped with kitchens, bathrooms, beds, tables, chairs, living rooms, studying and leisure rooms, as well as internet access.
- Ensuring a culturally diverse environment, the university welcomes students from various countries around the world.
- The university’s library houses an extensive collection of over one billion reference books and publications, representing a diverse range of scientific, technical, humanitarian, socio-economic literature, and fiction.
- Students are actively encouraged to engage in various educational programs, including conferences, seminars, and semester exchange programs.
- Baikal State University promotes student involvement in diverse social exercises, sports, courses, meetings, and examinations held in colleges of different nations.
- The university prioritizes the well-being of its students, providing sports centers, leisure facilities, and a health and rehabilitation center.
- BSU offers numerous opportunities for students to realize their creative potential and showcase their talents. This includes involvement in research centers, business incubators, clubs, studios, and creative teams.
Irkutsk- City at a Glance
- Irkutsk is the largest city and administrative center of Irkutsk Oblast, Russia.
- The distance from Moscow to Irkutsk is 4201.46 km.
- Irkutsk is the 25th-largest city in Russia by population, the fifth-largest in the Siberian Federal District, and one of the largest cities in Siberia.
- Irkutsk earned the nickname of “The Paris of Siberia” when the railway reached the city.
- Irkutsk has a continental climate with warm summers and cold and long winters.
- Most popular places in Irkutsk
- Ice-Breaker “Angara” Museum
- Московские ворота, Historical landmark in Irkutsk, Russia
- House Museum of Prince Sergey Volkonsky
- Khram Vo Imya Spasa Nerukotvornogo Obraza
- 130 Kvartal
- Museum of City Life