About the University
University of Washington School of Medicine was founded in 1946 to provide innovative and cost-effective medical education. The university is committed to supporting all the students especially those who are from a marginalized background.
The University of Washington School of Medicine is a public medical school in the Northwest United States. UWSOM offers 4 years of MD in America to all qualified Medical Aspirants. The MD program is dedicated to elevating health in rural and underserved communities in the US and around the World. It offers one of the unique medical educations in the country by providing personalized medical education and a deep understanding of fundamental clinical skills and professionalism.
The MD program at UW School of Medicine is ranked the Top 3 primary care programs in the United States.
The University of Washington School of Medicine is accredited by the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU), one of six regional accrediting organizations recognized by the U.S. Department of Education. It is also recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC), enlisted with the World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS), certified by the Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), and Approved by the Medical Council of Canada (MCC).
- Allergy and Infectious Diseases (Dept. Of Medicine)
- Anesthesiology and Pain Medicine
- Bioethics and Humanities
- Biological Structure
- Biomedical Informatics and Medical Education
- Cardiology (Dept. Of Medicine)
- Comparative Medicine
- Department of Medicine
- Dermatology (Dept. Of Medicine)
- Emergency Medicine
- Family Medicine
- Gastroenterology (Dept. Of Medicine)
- Genome Sciences
- Gerontology and Geriatric Medicine (Dept. Of Medicine)
- Health Metrics Sciences
- Hematology (Dept. Of Medicine)
- Global Health
- Laboratory Medicine
- MEDEX Northwest
- Medical Genetics (Dept. Of Medicine)
- Metabolism, Endocrinology and Nutrition (Dept. Of Medicine)
- Nephrology (Dept. Of Medicine)
- Neurological Surgery
- Physiology and Biophysics
- Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences
- Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine (Dept. Of Medicine)
- Willed Body Program
- Oncology (Dept. Of Medicine)
- General Internal Medicine (Dept. Of Medicine)
- Orthopaedics and Sports Medicine
- Otolaryngology / Head and Neck Surgery
City at a Glance
University of Washington School of Medicine ensures that each student is well versed with their academic programs. It also helps students to build an environment that is healthy and fit by providing all the sports and fitness facilities at the campus.
Students are also encouraged to express their hobbies and interest at the University’s cultural activities like music, theater, arts, and more. Apart from the academic activities, extracurricular activities are also important for the students to grow and excel personally and professionally.