Smolensk State Medical University
Founded in 1920 and located in Smolensk Oblast, Russia, Smolensk State Medical University is one of the top medical universities to study MBBS in Russia. This university is recognized by MCI, WHO, USA, UK, and other major countries. It stands at the 22nd position in the international rating. At present, this university is a big scientific foundation where methodical, fundamental and applied scientific research is performed.
Smolensk State Medical University in Russia has international students from more than 50 countries and the highly-qualified faculty of the university conducts classes in English language.
In March 2015, the Russian government changed Smolensk State Medical Academy to Smolensk State Medical University.
Smolensk State Medical University - Recognitions & Accreditations
- World Health Organization (WHO);
- National Medical Commission (erstwhile Medical Council of India);
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation;
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG);
- General Medical Council
Faculties at Smolensk State Medical University
Smolensk State Medical University has 67 departments with 450 highly qualified professors. All the departments and faculties at the university are well-equipped with Bio-Chemical Laboratories, Electronic Microscopes, and Radio-Isotope Laboratories.
The faculties at this university include:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty for Foreign Students
- Faculty of Pharmaceutics
- Faculty of Clinical Psychology and Social Work
- Faculty of Postgraduate Studies
- Faculty of Higher Nursing
Smolensk State Medical University Fees
Smolensk State Medical University
total Course Package
Included in Tuition fee
Included in Tuition fee
Total Fees in USD
Total Fees in Rs
*Calculations are as per the current market value of Indian Rupee against US Dollar (1 USD = INR 75)
- The above-mentioned fee structure is the final amount to be paid by the student to Rus Education.
- This fee package includes Tuition fee, Hostel accommodation fee, medical insurance, remuneration to the centre, MCI coaching for the complete duration of the course, airport transfer to the university, a phone call to parents on arrival in the university, study material in English Language, documentation of the student in the university, free translator to facilitate, and other services.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission At Smolensk State Medical University
Indian students applying for admissions in Smolensk State Medical University have to confer to the below admission criteria:
- Students must have passed class 12th with an aggregate 50% score in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
- The minimum age of the applicants must be 17 years on or before 31 December in the admission year.
- Students have to clear the NEET exam.
Here is the complete process of admission to Smolensk State Medical University for Indian students:
- Visit the website of the university.
- Fill up the application form for admission.
- Attach the required documents with the form.
- The university will send an invitation letter to the student confirming the admission.
- Apply for the student visa to the Russian Embassy.
- Inform the date of your arrival to Russia to the university.
Documents Required For Admission
Below is the list of requisite documents required for admission in Smolensk State Medical University in Russia:
- Class 10th mark sheet
- Class 12th mark sheet
- Copy of valid passport
- English proficiency certificate
- Birth certificate
- Health certificate
- Passport size photographs
Indian students will be required to submit the scanned copies of the above listed documents along with the application form.
Why Study MBBS at Smolensk State Medical University?
Smolensk State Medical University is one of the best medical universities for MBBS in Russia for Indian students. Here are the top benefits to choose this university:
- Best-quality medical education for international students.
- Affordable fee structure
- Highly-qualified medical faculty and staff
- Fully furnished hostel accommodation
- Recognized by WHO and MCI allowing Indian students to practice medicine in India.
- Well-equipped laboratories and advanced classrooms for better student-teacher engagement.
- Amazing clinical exposure is provided to international students.
- No entrance exam is required for admission.
- Indian mess is available for students from India.
- Smooth admission process
Student Life at Smolensk State Medical University
The main highlights of student life at Smolensk State Medical University include:
- The Indian cultural program is conducted by the university in which Indian and Russian students participate.
- The university has a sports complex having two sports halls, a playground, two shooting galleries, a well-equipped gym, and a swimming pool with a sauna bath.
- Hostels of the university are fully furnished and centrally heated or air-conditioned.
- Proper bedding arrangements are available in every hostel room.
- Separate hostel arrangements are there for girls and boys.
- Proper security outside the student hostels.
- Internet connectivity in every hostel room.
City at a Glance
- Smolensk is one of the biggest districts in western Russia.
- Smolensk is popular for textiles, electronics, food processing, and diamond faceting industries.
- The cost of living in Smolensk is approximately $150 – $400 per month for accommodation, $70 – $100 per month for fooding, and $5 – $20 per month for transportation.
- Smolensk owns beautiful Russian architecture from the Kievan Rus period and Stalinist architecture.
- Smolensk has a moderately continental climate influenced by the Atlantic Ocean.