Founded in 1920, Privolzhsky Research Medical University is the pioneer and oldest public research medical university in Russia situated in the Nizhny Novgorod city in the Volga region of the Russian Federation. It is one of the two top research medical universities in Russia holding recognition worldwide. Based on the ranking of the Ministry of Health of Russia, the university holds the fifth position in the list of the most demanded higher medical universities in Russia and has been ranked at the seventh position out of 46 Russian higher medical institutions approved by the World Health Organization.
Privolzhsky Research Medical University provides the best quality medical education in Russia through an amalgamation of advanced clinical practices and scientific research. It actively collaborates with medical research institutes like the Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, administrations of Public Health Services, medical establishments in Nizhny Novgorod, and other prestigious universities in the USA and Europe.
For helping students with their research work, Privolzhsky Research Medical University has modern medical laboratories on its campus where students can get involved in basic and clinical research programs. There is a science club in the university where students can work on science projects in groups and ask for assistance from peers and faculty members. The university has also established its clinic with a bedding capacity for about 500 students and also provides training in the leading hospitals of the city.
The medical university has 7 faculties and 70 specialized departments with 600+ teaching staff. Almost 3,000 students are studying at Privolzhsky Research Medical University. The academy is currently associated with several teaching hospitals throughout the city of Nizhny Novgorod where its students can learn basic clinical skills.
Every year, hundreds of Indian students join Privolzhsky Research Medical University to study MBBS in Russia and become excellent global doctors of tomorrow.
Overview of Privolzhsky Research Medical University
Year of Establishment
Type of University
Duration of Course
Recognitions & Accreditations
WDOMS, ECFMG, FAIMER, NMC(erstwhile MCI),
Medium of teaching
Eligibility Exam (IELTS/TOEFL)
Average Tuition Fees
Country – 309
World – 7029
Cost of living
INR 8-10 thousand
Faculties At Privolzhsky Research Medical University
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Medico-prophylaxis (Preventive medicine)
- Faculty of Stomatology (Dentistry)
- Faculty of Higher Nursing Education
- Faculty of Preparatory courses (Pre-medical courses)
Privolzhsky Research Medical University Fees Structure 2023-24
MBBS Fees/Year in USD
Total MBBS Fees in USD
Total MBBS Fees in INR
- The fee is calculated in Indian rupees considering $1 = INR 75.
- The above-mentioned fee structure is the final amount to be paid by the student to Rus Education.
- This fee package includes Tuition fee, Hostel accommodation fee, medical insurance, remuneration to the center, MCI coaching for the complete duration of the course, airport transfer to the university, a phone call to parents on arrival at the university, study material on English Language, documentation of the student in the university, free translator to facilitate, and other services.
Duration of MBBS at Privolzhsky Research Medical University
- The total duration of an MBBS at Privolzhsky Research Medical University is 6 years.
- The first five years of the medical course comprise theoretical and practical lessons in the university.
- The last year focuses on the clinical training of students in reputed hospitals in Russia affiliated with the university.
Medium of Teaching at Privolzhsky Research Medical University
- The medium of instruction of the MBBS course in Russia at Privolzhsky Research Medical University is English for international students.
- The Russian language is also taught as part of the medical curriculum of the university to ensure smooth communication with Russian patients.
- Indian teachers and professors are visiting the university from time to time to impart lessons on medicine.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission
Before applying to study medicine in Russia at Privolzhsky Research Medical University, the student must satisfy the following conditions:
- The age of the student must be at least 17 years or above on or before 31st December in the admission year.
- A general category student must have scored at least 50% marks in PCB subjects in 10+2.
- Students belonging to the reserved category must have at least 40% marks in PCB subjects in 10+2.
- Students must have obtained the 50th-40th percentile in the NEET-UG examination.
Process of MBBS Admission in Privolzhsky Research Medical University
Any student who wants to apply to Privolzhsky Research Medical University to study MBBS in Russia has to follow the following admission procedure:
Step 1: Fill up the application form for Privolzhsky Research Medical University.
Step 2: Submit the necessary documents for admission online such as school passing certificates, etc.
Step 3: The applicant will receive an admission/acceptance letter from the university confirming the admission.
Step 4: Apply for a student visa at the Embassy of the Russian Federation in India.
Step 5: Payment of first-year tuition fees. If applying for an education loan, clear all the dues.
Step 6: Make arrangements for your travel to Russia for your medical studies.
Documents Required For Admission
Indian medical aspirants are required to submit the following documents during MBBS admission to Privolzhsky Research Medical University.
- Class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet
- Class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet
- NEET score card
- Birth certificate
- Valid passport
- Passport-size photographs
- Medical test report including HIV negative report.
Why Study At Privolzhsky Research Medical University?
The benefits of joining Privolzhsky Research Medical University for MBBS in Russia for Indian students are humongous such as:
- No donations or entrance tests for admission.
- Hassle-free direct admission procedure.
- Global recognitions from various statutory bodies such as WDOMS, NMC, WFME, ECFMG, FAIMER, etc.
- Clinical rotations at top hospitals and medical institutions in Russia and worldwide.
- Modern infrastructure such as well-equipped laboratories and advanced classrooms.
- The university stands at the 7th position among 46 medical institutions in Russia.
- Modern methods of teaching for better classroom and laboratory sessions.
- English is the language of medical studies at this university.
- The university offers educational and research work to its students during MBBS in Russia.
- The educational system of this university is European and based on the recent principles and trends of medical developments.
- Conduction of basic and clinical research for MBBS students.
- The medical university is recognized by the National Medical Commission.
- MBBS graduates of this university can practice medicine in India after clearing the FMGE exam.
- Students can participate in development programs on health promotion in nearby locations.
- Studying MBBS at this Russian university is affordable for international students.
- The university has 600 well-qualified and professional teaching staff and professors.
- Collaboration with the Russian Academy of Sciences and Russian Academy of Medical Sciences, medical scientific research institutions and centers, and other Russian universities and institutions provide ample opportunities to students for medical research and practice.
MBBS Syllabus At Privolzhsky Research Medical University
Anatomy & Histology
Histology, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Physiology cell biology, microbiology, and general pathology
Biochemistry, microbiology, and Physiology
Pathology, Pharmacology, microbiology, and Path physiology
Pathology, Path physiology, Pharmacology, and Genetics and Principles of Clinical Medicine
General Surgery, Primary Care medicine, Oncology, Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Cardiology, ENT
Neurology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry, Psychology, and Emergency Medicine
Student Life at Privolzhsky Research Medical University
- The university has well-furnished hostel rooms for students.
- There are separate hostels for girls and boys.
- The rooms are available on a shared basis.
- Every hostel has a canteen and cafe with provisions of kitchen and dining area on each floor.
- The environment in the university is multicultural due to the presence of international students.
- Presence of modern laboratories in the university for basic and clinical research.
- There is a science club for the students to work on science projects.
- Indian food is served in the university mess/canteen.
- Clinical rotations for students are arranged with top hospitals in Russia.
- Sports activities and tournaments are organized by the university for its students for their physical development.
- Indian festivals and festivals from other countries are also celebrated by the university.
- Students get to participate in international conferences and seminars in Russia and other countries.
About Nizhny Novgorod
- Nizhny Novgorod is the fifth largest city in Russia that is also known as the Research and Development city.
- The city is directly connected to Moscow by a rapid bullet train.
- It has a world-class International Airport – Strigino Airport.
- The city is home to 14 universities and approximately 100 research institutions making it the key scientific center of Europe.
- The climate of Nizhny Novgorod is mostly humid continental (similar to Moscow). The weather in winter is colder lasting from late November to late March.
- The public transportation system in the city comprises trams, buses, marshrutkas (routed taxis), and trolleybuses.