Established in 2010, Popular Medical College is a reputed private medical academic institution that has been successful in providing an extensive platform to medical aspirants from worldwide. The college is admired and has attained a significant position for its excellent work in preparing medical students for a successful medical journey ahead. Popular Medical College is a top destination to study MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian students for more than a decade for its top-tier medical education, affordable fee structure, and constructive learning environment.
Located in Dhanmondi in the capital city of Dhaka, Popular Medical College has well-established, fully-furnished hostel accommodation with mess facilities for its students situated nearby to the premises of the college. The medical college is affiliated with Dhaka University and offers a 5-year MBBS course along with 1-year of internship. The MBBS degree of the college is recognized by the Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council. The primary focus of the college is not just to impart medical education to students, but also ensure character development and strengthening moral values such as respect, human responsibilities, and appreciation for others. It ensures that every student develops ethical values, self-awareness, and confidence during their MBBS studies in Bangladesh.
Popular Medical College: Quick Highlights
Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (Bangladesh), World Directory of Medical School (WDOMS), Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), International Medical Education Directory (IMED), and National Medical Commission (NMC)
Medium of Teaching
MBBS Course Duration
6 years (with internship)
No. of Indian students (currently enrolled)
Popular Medical College Fees Structure 2023-24
- Admission Fees:
At the time of admission
Total admission fees
- Tuition fee from the 61th month until passing the course: $100/month
- Hostel charges from the 61th month until passing the course: $100/month
MBBS Syllabus of Popular Medical College
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
First professional MBBS
Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine
Second professional MBBS
Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Pathology, and Microbiology
Third professional MBBS
Medicine & Allied subjects , Surgery & Allied subjects, and Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Fourth professional MBBS
Eligibility Criteria For Admission to Popular Medical College
Indian students are advised to adhere to the NMC (MCI) guidelines to study MBBS in Bangladesh. Below is the criteria to be met to pursue medical education in Bangladesh.
- The students must have passed their 10th and 12th standards from a recognized board.
- The students must have scored a minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must be 17 years old as on 31 December in the year of admission.
- The students must have passed the NEET UG exam in the admission year.
Admission Process at Popular Medical College
Step 1: Fill and submit the application form of the medical college along with the required documents.
Step 2: Receive an admission/invitation letter from the university.
Step 3: Apply for the student visa by submitting your passport and other supporting documents.
Step 4: Pay your tuition fees for the first year. If availing an education loan, Rus Education will take you through the process.
Step 5: Pack your bags with all the essential items you will require in Bangladesh.
Step 6: Board your flights to Bangladesh and begin your journey of MBBS in Bangladesh.
Documents Required For Admission
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 11th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Original passport
- Police clearance certificate
- Affidavit (sponsorship)
- Bank statement (six months)
- University admission letter
- University fee confirmation letter
- Equivalence certificate (from university)
- University admission form
- Visa application form
- 12 Photographs on matt paper
- Equivalence TT copy
- University fee TT copy
- Demand draft in favor of Bangladesh High Commission
Documents such as the admission letter from the university, converted currencies, etc., will be facilitated by the team of Rus Education.
Why Study MBBS at Popular Medical College?
- High-quality medical education to ensure constructive learning for students.
- No need to appear for any entrance exams like IELTS or TOEFL.
- No need to give any donations or capitation fees for admission
- The college campus is well-connected by various modes of transport.
- Well-furnished twin sharing hostels provided with modern amenities.
- Hygienic Indian food is served in the dining hall of the college.
- The academic building has a good number of fully-equipped AC lecture halls to accommodate students.
- The education unit has modern equipment, games and sport facilities, common rooms, and a guest house for the parents of the students.
- Highly qualified, dedicated, well-experienced, and skilled professors, teachers, and lecturers.
- Good emphasis on group teaching, problem-based learning, and integrated teaching along with traditional methods of teaching.
- Community-based learning is a vital part of the MBBS program.
- Every department has well-equipped museum and laboratory facilities.
- Advanced classrooms with AC and other facilities.
- Air-conditioned library with good quality books and journals.
- English is the medium of instruction at the college.
Student assistance center to help students in the development of skills and academics as well as accommodation.
Student Life at Popular Medical College
- The college organizes cultural programs every year to encourage participation of students and teachers.
- There is a photography club to enhance the photography skills of the students.
- PMC hosts an annual picnic for the students, professors, and the non-teaching staff to promote interaction.
- Annual scientific exhibition is a one-day event enabling students to showcase their talents in the field of medical science.
- Students of the college are awarded certificates and prizes for their excellent work in various fields of academics.
- “Meet the Legend” program provides an opportunity to the students to meet and interact with eminent personalities from the medical profession and learn from their experience.
Dhanmondi: City at a Glance
- Dhanmondi has a good transportation system and is well-connected to Dhaka city.
- Dhanmondi has hospitals, educational Institutes, restaurants, shopping malls, parks, recreational sports, lake, sports centers, etc.
- It is home to the best English medium schools in Bangladesh.
- It has a hot, wet and humid tropical climate.
- Numerous educational facilities are one of the greatest advantages of living in Dhanmondi.