OMSK State Medical University
Omsk State Medical University is the school of medicine and it is located in Omsk, Russia. It was established as the Medical Faculty in the year 1920 as the Siberian Institute of Veterinary Medicine and Zoology. In the year 1921, it was transformed as the West Siberian State Medical Institute. However, in 1925, it was called as the Omsk State Medical Institute. In 1994, it was named as the Omsk State Medical Academy.
OSMA maintains a good relationship with various educational institutions in Western Europe, the United States, Japan, and other countries. There are 59 departments in this medical University. 73% of the staff members have an academic degree. About 100 MD-PhD full professors and 300 MD-PhD associate professors are working with the University.
OSMU has the largest library among the medical institutes of Russia. OSMU has over 6,00,000 collections and abundant unique publications are among them. The library comprises fully-equipped computer hall with the Internet access.
Clinical Departments and Chairs of the University are positioned in the largest municipal hospitals equipped with modern diagnostic facilities. These clinics are being headed by the great scholars of the University. With up-to-date information technologies, teaching procedures are being continuously improving. Students Scientific Society is the pride of OMSU.
Omsk State Medical University Overview
|University Recognitions||ECFMG, WDOMS, FAIMER, NMC (erstwhile MCI), AMC, GMC PLAB, etc.|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|MBBS Course Duration||6 years (with internship)|
|Eligibility Criteria||Qualified Class 12 with 50% marks in PCB|
Faculties At Omsk State Medical University
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Preventive medicine
- Faculty of Stomatology
- Faculty of Pharmaceutics
Omsk State Medical University Fee Structure
Total Course Package
Included in Tuition Fees
Included in Tuition Fees
Total Fees in USD
Total Fees in Rs
*Calculations are as per the current market value of Indian Rupee against US Dollar (1 USD = INR 75)
- The above-mentioned fee structure is the final amount to be paid by the student to Rus Education.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission in Omsk State Medical University
- The student should have qualified class 10 and 12 from any recognised education board/institution
- The student must have scored at least 50% in their class-12 while studying Physics, Chemistry, Biology (or any equivalent subject)
- The student must be of 17 years of age
- The student should qualify the NEET-UG exam with the required marks.
- 50th percentile for the students of general/EWS category is 50th percentile.
- 45th percentile for the students belonging to PwD
- 40th percentile for the students belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category
- The students must possess a valid NEET Score card.
- Fill in the admission Form
- Submit it after attaching all the required documents
- Receive the admission/acceptance letter from the university
- Apply for the Student Visa
- Prepare & travel to your university
- Complete the formalities at the university
From filling up the admission form, arranging the documents, applying for visa, loan assistance, travel, formalities at the university, arranging accommodations till the hostels are provided, etc, the team of Rus Education assists you at every step.
Documents Required For Admission
Indian medical aspirants are required to submit the following documents during MBBS admission in Omsk State Medical University.
- Class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet
- Class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet
- NEET score card
- Birth certificate
- Valid passport
- Passport-size photographs
- Medical test report including HIV negative report.
Why Study MBBS at Omsk State Medical University, Russia
- The medium of instruction at the University is English.
- The university has a conducive and healthy environment for students.
- It is one of the top universities in Russia that provides quality education to students.
- There are good dormitory facilities for local as well as international students.
- Students are not required to pay any donation or capitation fee.
Student Life At Omsk State Medical University
- Omsk State Medical University believes that physical training is a significant part of the daily routine.
- It has well-equipped gyms, ski-centers, a sport and recreation center for the students.
City at a Glance
- Omsk is one of the largest cities of the West-Siberian region of Russia.
- At present time more than 50 centers of national culture are functioning, regenerating its national traditions. Religious unions of 23 confessions are acting too.The White Sea about 40 kilometers from Arkhangelsk makes the climate windy and humid and it rains often.
- Omsk is one of the cultural centers of Siberia. There are 47 public libraries with a fund of 5.6 mln. for example, 9 museums, 23 institutes of entertainment, 9 professional theaters, State circus, Concert Hall and Organ Music Hall of Omsk Philharmonic.
- Apart from that, the city is also the witness to the spectacular Vrubel Museum of Fine Arts, Omsk Drama Theater, St. Nicholas Cossack Cathedral, gold-domed Assumption Cathedral, etc.