The North-Caucasus Federal University was founded based on Decree by President of Russian Federation № 958 (July 18, 2011) and Order by Government of Russian Federation № 226-р (February 22, 2012), as the result of a merge of the three universities located in the Stavropol Region – the North-Caucasus State Technical University; the Stavropol State University, and the Pyatigorsk Humanities-Technological University.
- Institute of Humanities
- Institute of Mathematics and Natural Sciences
- Institute of Life Sciences
- Institute of Law
- Institute of Economics and Management
- Institute of Education and Social Sciences
- Tourism and Design.
- Institute of Oil and Gas
- Institute of Information Technologies and Telecommunications
- Institute of Construction, Transport and Engineering
- Institute of Electric Power Engineering, Electronics and Nanotechnologies
- Institute of Service,
This institution is not only rated as one of the largest educational institutions of the region yet it also is a unique site for numerous scientific and innovation projects, the leading arena for intercultural dialogue both within the region and beyond, and is a leading force contributing to the sustainable regional development through educational, cultural, and scientific links both within the NCFD and with the neighboring countries.
By the year 2021 the NCFU shall become the largest academic institution for higher education in the North-Caucasus Federal District.
There are lots of International Students from different countries studying in the University, which has created multi culturerism & as both Stavropol & Pyatigorsk are both tourist destination, students have a lot of options to socialize.