Founded in 1814, Kazan State Medical University is a top-ranked medical university located in the Kazan city of Russia with more than 200 years of experience in medical training. It is a higher medical education institution that occupies 16th position in the list of the top universities in Russia. KSMU has been a popular choice among international medical aspirants to study MBBS in Russia.
The medical degrees awarded by the Kazan State Medical University are globally accepted and the medical graduates of this university can practice medicine anywhere in the world. The medical education, lectures, laboratory sessions, practical classes, tests, exams, etc. at Kazan State Medical University are imparted in English to international students
Kazan State Medical University has trained over 24,000 students till date, including international students from 49 countries. At present, 700 students from over 57 countries are pursuing medical education in English at the university.
Overview of Kazan State Medical University
Year of establishment
MBBS course duration
6 years (including one year of internship)
NMC, WDOMS, ECFMG, FAIMER, GMC, Ministry of Education (Russia), and Ministry of Health (Russia)
50% in PCB subjects in 10+2
Average MBBS fees
Cost of living
Medium of teaching
Country Rank – 136
World Rank – 4528
Faculties of Medicine at Kazan State Medical University
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Nursing
Why Study MBBS at Kazan State Medical University?
- Affordable MBBS fee structure.
- Over 200 years of experience.
- No donations or capitation fees for admission.
- No entrance exams like IELTS and TOEFL.
- High quality medical education.
- A government funded medical university.
- Recognized by NMC, WDOMS, GMC, AMC, ECFMG, etc.
- Globally accepted medical degrees.
- Comfortable hostel accommodation for international students.
- Facility of Indian food in university mess.
- English medium medical university in Russia.
- Students from over 57 countries create a multicultural environment.
- Clinical training at top hospitals of the country.
Kazan State Medical University MBBS Fee Structure 2023-24
Tuition fee per year
Hostel fee per year
Total fees per year in RUB
Total fees per year in INR
Total MBBS fees for 6 years
- The fee is calculated in Indian rupees considering 1 RUB = INR 1.45.
- The above-mentioned fee structure is the final amount to be paid by the student to Rus Education.
- This fee package includes Tuition fee, Hostel accommodation fee, medical insurance, remuneration to the center, MCI coaching for the complete duration of the course, airport transfer to the university, a phone call to parents on arrival at the university, study material on English Language, documentation of the student in the university, free translator to facilitate, and other services.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission
- The admission criteria to study MBBS at Kazan State Medical University is as follows:
- 50% or more in PCB subjects in 10+2 for the General category students.
- 40% or more in PCB subjects in 10+2 for the SC/ST/OBC category students.
- A passing NEET score.
- The age of the student must be 17 years or more in the admission year.
Process of MBBS Admission in Privolzhsky Research Medical University
Any student who wants to apply to Kazan State Medical University to study MBBS in Russia has to follow the following admission procedure:
Step 1: Fill up the application form for Kazan State Medical University.
Step 2: Submit the necessary documents for admission online such as school passing certificates, etc.
Step 3: The applicant will receive an admission/acceptance letter from the university confirming the admission.
Step 4: Apply for a student visa at the Embassy of the Russian Federation in India.
Step 5: Payment of first-year tuition fees. If applying for an education loan, clear all the dues.
Step 6: Make arrangements for your travel to Russia for your medical studies.
Documents Required For Admission
Indian medical aspirants are required to submit the following documents during MBBS admission to Kazan State Medical University.
- Class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet
- Class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet
- NEET score card
- Birth certificate
- Valid passport
- Passport-size photographs
- Medical test report including HIV negative report.
Duration of MBBS at Kazan State Medical University
- The total duration of an MBBS at Kazan State Medical University is 6 years.
- The five years of the MBBS course consists of theoretical and practical lessons in the university.
- The last year focuses on the medical training of students in top hospitals in Russia affiliated with the university.
Medium of Teaching at Kazan State Medical University
- The medium of teaching of the MBBS course in Russia at Kazan State Medical University is English for international students.
- The Russian language is a part of the MBBS curriculum of the university for smooth communication of students with Russian patients.
- Indian teachers and professors also visit the university to impart lessons on medicine.
MBBS Syllabus At Kazan State Medical University
Anatomy & Histology
Histology, Biochemistry, Anatomy, Physiology cell biology, microbiology, and general pathology
Biochemistry, microbiology, and Physiology
Pathology, Pharmacology, microbiology, and Path physiology
Pathology, Path physiology, Pharmacology, and Genetics and Principles of Clinical Medicine
General Surgery, Primary Care medicine, Oncology, Psychiatry, Pediatrics, Cardiology, ENT
Neurology, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Internal medicine, Neurology and Psychiatry, Psychology, and Emergency Medicine
Student Life At Kazan State Medical University
- The university offers opportunities to its students to help them realize their potential in studies and scientific research, sport, public service, international conferences, and symposiums.
- Students attend a relation camp “Medic” on the banks of the Volga river.
- Athletic programs are organized at the university for students.
- Annual recreation programs are held at the university, including basketball, tennis, swimming, football, and skiing and skating in winters.
- Students perform various activities together and have a newspaper called “Kazan Medical Student”.
- Various activities are carried out at the student’s club.
- There are 6 hostels located near the premises of the university and under the protection of the police department.
- Hostel rooms are available on a sharing basis and are equipped with all the basic amenities.
About Kazan City
- Kazan is renowned as the sport capital of Russia and a University City.
- Kazan city is well-connected by buses, railways, river port and an international airport.
- The city has an extensively developed transport network consisting of trams, buses, trolleybuses, and metro.
- The average annual temperature in Kazan is 11 degree Celsius
- The climate in Kazan is warm, mild, and temperate.
- Kazan is just 860 kilometers away from Moscow.