Anwer Khan Modern Medical College
Anwer Khan Modern Medical College (AKMMC) started its journey in 2008 in Dhanmondi, Dhaka, and has eventually become one of the top medical colleges to study MBBS in Bangladesh for Indian students. The medical college in Bangladesh is widely recognized and offers a 5-year MBBS program in English with one year of internship to its students. It has a state-of-the-art infrastructure, scholar faculties and lecturers, diverse student life, comfortable hostel accommodation, etc.AKMMC was established to promote high quality medical education, research, and healthcare services in Bangladesh. Being located in the capital city of Dhaka, the college attracts many national and international students. It is attached to a 750-bed teaching hospital, Anwer Khan Modern Medical College Hospital, where students get practical exposure while diagnosing and treating real patients.
Anwer Khan Modern Medical College: Quick Highlights
|University Recognitions||Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (Bangladesh), National Medical Commission (NMC), International Medical Education Directory (IMED), World Directory of Medical School (WDOMS), affiliation with Dhaka University, Nepal Medical Council, and FAIMER|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|MBBS Course Duration||6 years (with internship)|
Anwer Khan Modern Medical College Fees Structure 2023-24
At the time of admission (first installment)
Second Installment January 2024
Third Installment January 2025
Fourth Installment January 2026
Total MBBS fees in Dollar
Total MBBS fees in INR
MBBS Syllabus at Anwer Khan Modern Medical College
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
First professional MBBS
Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine
Second professional MBBS
Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Pathology, and Microbiology
Third professional MBBS
Medicine & Allied subjects , Surgery & Allied subjects, and Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Fourth professional MBBS
Eligibility Criteria For Admission to Anwer Khan Modern Medical College
Indian students are advised to adhere to the NMC (MCI) guidelines to study MBBS in Bangladesh. Below is the criteria to be met to pursue medical education in Bangladesh.
- The students must have passed their 10th and 12th standards from a recognized board.
- The students must have scored a minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must be 17 years old as on 31 December in the year of admission.
- The students must have passed the NEET UG exam in the admission year.
Step 1: Fill up the admission form and submit the required documents.
Step 2: Get an admission/invitation letter from the college.
Step 3: Apply for the student visa by submitting your passport and other supporting documents.
Step 4: Pay your tuition fees for the first year. If availing an education loan, Rus Education will take you through the process.
Step 5: Pack your bags with all the essential items you will require in Bangladesh.
Step 6: Board your flights to Bangladesh and begin your journey of MBBS in Bangladesh.
Documents Required For Admission
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 11th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Original passport
- Police clearance certificate
- Affidavit (sponsorship)
- Bank statement (six months)
- University admission letter
- University fee confirmation letter
- Equivalence certificate (from university)
- University admission form
- Visa application form
- 12 Photographs on matt paper
- Equivalence TT copy
- University fee TT copy
- Demand draft in favor of Bangladesh High Commission
Documents such as the admission letter from the university, converted currencies, etc., will be facilitated by the team of Rus Education.
Why Study MBBS at Anwer Khan Modern Medical College?
- The tuition fee of the college is affordable for all students.
- Recognized, approved and listed under NMC, BMDC, FAIMER, WDOMS, IMED, etc.
- Awards globally recognized medical degree to international students.
- Experienced, dedicated, qualified, and well-trained faculty members.
- Modern campus with latest infrastructural facilities.
- No extra charges like donations or capitation fees for admission.
- Comfortable and affordable hostel facilities for students.
- English is the language of the MBBS course.
- Medical graduates of this college can appear for all medical licensing exams like FMGE.
- Clinical rotations in the college hospital under the guidance of qualified doctors.
- Hygienic food is served in the college canteen and cafeteria.
Student Life at Anwer Khan Modern Medical College
- Multicultural life of students owing to the presence of foreign students.
- Incredible practical exposure in the form of clinical training in hospitals and field workshops.
- Celebration of festivals of all countries from where the students hail from.
- Seminars, international conferences, webinars, workshops, field visits, etc. are organized for students.
- Extracurricular activities are organized for students in the field of sports, culture, academics, etc., for their holistic development.
- The college campus is completely safe and secured by CCTV surveillance.
Dhaka: City at a Glance
- The cost of living in Dhaka for a single person is INR 10,000 to INR 15,000.
- Dhaka has a tropical climate with an average daily high temperature of 31 degrees.
- Dhaka is known as the rickshaw capital of the world. Buses, auto rickshaws, and metro are other modes of transportation.
- Ahsan Manzil (Pink Palace), Lalbagh Fort, Kawran Bazar, Dhakeshwari Temple, etc., are some of the main attractions of Dhaka.
- Dhaka is 30 minutes ahead of India.