KHULNA CITY MEDICAL COLLEGE
Founded in 2016, Khulna City Medical College (KCMC) is one of the top private medical colleges in Bangladesh located in the heart of the city, Dhaka, that is highly renowned for its professionalism and dedication to educating young medical students through training and learning the best medical skills. The college has highly-qualified faculty members, including surgeons, doctors, and professors from worldwide to inculcate useful medical skills and practice-based knowledge to future doctors.
Khulna City Medical College strives to achieve national and international recognition by producing physicians with good medical knowledge and skills, professionalism, dedication, and with an urge to serve the country. It is affiliated with the Sheikh Hasina Medical University, recognized by the Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC) and offers an MBBS course as per the guidelines of the latest National Medical Commission.
KHULNA CITY MEDICAL COLLEGE (KCMC): QUICK HIGHLIGHTS 2022
Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC) and National Medical Commission (NMC),
Medium of Teaching
MBBS Course Duration
6 years (with internship)
No. of Indian students (currently enrolled)
Khulna City Medical College Fees Structure 2022-23
|Installment||Amount (USD)||Time of payment|
|1||$12,000||For seat booking: $ 3,000 During the admission: $ 9,000|
|2||$ 4,000||The installments will have to be paid two times a year (half-yearly).|
Khulna City Medical College Syllabus
|First phase||1.5 years||Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry||First professional MBBS|
|Second phase||1 year||Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine||Second professional MBBS|
|Third phase||1 year||Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Pathology, and Microbiology||Third professional MBBS|
|Fourth phase||1.5 years||Medicine & Allied subjects , Surgery & Allied subjects, and Obstetrics and Gynaecology||Fourth professional MBBS|
Eligibility Criteria For Admission to Khulna City Medical College
Indian students are advised to adhere to the NMC (MCI) guidelines to study MBBS in Bangladesh. Below is the criteria to be met to pursue medical education in Bangladesh.
- The students must have passed their 10th and 12th standards from a recognized board.
- The students must have scored a minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must be 17 years old as on 31 December in the year of admission.
- The students must have passed the NEET UG exam in the admission year.
Step 1: Fill up the admission form from the university and submit the required documents.
Step 2: Get an admission/invitation letter from the university.
Step 3: Apply for the student visa by submitting your passport and other supporting documents.
Step 4: Pay your tuition fees for the first year. If availing an education loan, Rus Education will take you through the process.
Step 5: Pack your bags with all the essential items you will require in Bangladesh.
Step 6: Board your flights to Bangladesh and begin your journey of MBBS in Bangladesh.
Documents Required For Admission
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 11th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Original passport
- Police clearance certificate
- Affidavit (sponsorship)
- Bank statement (six months)
- University admission letter
- University fee confirmation letter
- Equivalence certificate (from university)
- University admission form
- Visa application form
- 12 Photographs on matt paper
- Equivalence TT copy
- University fee TT copy
- Demand draft in favor of Bangladesh High Commission
Documents such as the admission letter from the university, converted currencies, etc., will be facilitated by the team of Rus Education.
Why Study at Khulna City Medical College, Bangladesh?
- The medical college has more than 30 years of medical excellence.
- The language and the medium of instruction of the MBBS course are English.
- A good strength of Indian students at the medical college.
- Comfortable and affordable hostel accommodation for Indian students.
- Special Indian cuisine is served at the college mess to Indian students.
- The faculty members, teachers, and professors are highly qualified and impart the best quality medical education.
- Indian students can appear for the FMGE/NExT or USMLE to practice in India or America.
- The medical degree issued by the college is recognized worldwide.
- The MBBS fee structure at Khulna City Medical College is affordable.
- There are over 25 departments in the General Medicine faculty at the college.
- Advanced infrastructure and the latest technology to aid medical education.
- The hospital is an 18 storied building with 500 beds to offer first-hand learning experience to the students.
- Separate hostel facilities for boys and girls.
- No capitation fee and no entrance exams.
- Recognition by the National Medical Commission.
Student Life at Khulna City Medical College
- The academic building, adjacent to the hospital, is a 4-story building that houses both administrative and academic sections.
- The college has classrooms, galleries, a library, and an audio-visual unit for educational purposes.
- The hostels have access to all the basic amenities like a kitchen, bathroom, beds, chairs, tables, wardrobes, running water, internet facility, etc. for the convenience of the students.
- There is a spacious campus library equipped with the best medical books and journals for the students.
- There is a culturally diverse environment at the medical college due to the presence of students from various nationalities.
Khulna: City at a Glance
- Khulna is the 3rd largest city in Bangladesh with a rich historical past.
- Khulna is a tropical savanna-climatic city with annual rainfall that occurs during May and October.
- The city has a well-connected transportation network for hassle-free traveling across the city.
- The cost of living in Khulna is much cheaper than in another Indian city.
- The safety and security of the students are well taken care of by the government and their respective colleges.
- 98% of Bangladeshis are fluent in the Bengali language.
- The time duration to travel from Kolkata to Dhaka is 20 minutes.