Z.H. Sikder Women’s Medical College
Z.H. Sikder Women’s Medical College is one of the renowned medical colleges for students especially for women planning to study MBBS in Bangladesh. The college was founded in 1992 and is situated in the capital city of Dhaka. The degree offered by the college is recognized by the National Medical Commission (NMC), Medical & Dental Council of Bangladesh (BMDC) and is listed with WDOMS (World Directory of Medical Schools).
The medical college offers a 6-year MBBS program, including one-year clinical training at the college’s teaching hospital. It is a popular destination among international medical aspirants as 50% of the MBBS seats are reserved for them. The college is majorly famous among Indian students as the college uses the English language as the medium of instructions. After the completion of the final MBBS examination, students have to undergo one year of hospital internship to gain experience in patient care in numerous medical departments.
Z.H. Sikder Women’s Medical College: Quick Highlights
Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (Bangladesh), National Medical Commission (NMC), International Medical Education Directory (IMED), World Directory of Medical School (WDOMS), affiliation with Dhaka University
Medium of Teaching
MBBS Course Duration
6 years (with internship)
No. of Indian students (currently enrolled)
Z.H. Sikder Women’s Medical College Fees Structure 2023-24
At the time of admission
Installment December 2023
Installment June 2024
Installment December 2024
Installment June 2025
Installment December 2025
Installment June 2026
Installment December 2026
Installment June 2027
Total MBBS fees in Dollar
Total MBBS fees in INR
At the timereceiving offer letter
Food and other charges per month
MBBS Syllabus at Z.H. Sikder Women’s Medical College
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
First professional MBBS
Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine
Second professional MBBS
Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Pathology, and Microbiology
Third professional MBBS
Medicine & Allied subjects , Surgery & Allied subjects, and Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Fourth professional MBBS
Eligibility Criteria For Admission to Z.H. Sikder Women’s Medical College
Indian students are advised to adhere to the NMC (MCI) guidelines to study MBBS in Bangladesh. Below is the criteria to be met to pursue medical education in Bangladesh.
- The students must have passed their 10th and 12th standards from a recognized board.
- The students must have scored a minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must be 17 years old as on 31 December in the year of admission.
- The students must have passed the NEET UG exam in the admission year.
Step 1: Fill up the admission form from the university and submit the required documents.
Step 2: Get an admission/invitation letter from the university.
Step 3: Apply for the student visa by submitting your passport and other supporting documents.
Step 4: Pay your tuition fees for the first year. If availing an education loan, Rus Education will take you through the process.
Step 5: Pack your bags with all the essential items you will require in Bangladesh.
Step 6: Board your flights to Bangladesh and begin your journey of MBBS in Bangladesh.
Documents Required For Admission
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 11th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Original passport
- Police clearance certificate
- Affidavit (sponsorship)
- Bank statement (six months)
- University admission letter
- University fee confirmation letter
- Equivalence certificate (from university)
- University admission form
- Visa application form
- 12 Photographs on matt paper
- Equivalence TT copy
- University fee TT copy
- Demand draft in favor of Bangladesh High Commission
Documents such as the admission letter from the university, converted currencies, etc., will be facilitated by the team of Rus Education.
Why Study MBBS at Z.H. Sikder Women’s Medical College?
- Low MBBS tuition compared to Indian medical schools.
- Medical education of the highest caliber.
- Medical degree is recognized worldwide.
- The National Medical Commission has approved it (NMC).
- There is no admission fee or donation required.
- There is no entrance exam for admission.
- Medical faculty, teachers, and professors are highly qualified and skilled.
- Modern infrastructure and laboratory facilities.
- Girls can stay in comfortable hostels of the college.
- Students will benefit from adequate practice and international exposure.
- Large classrooms and lecture halls for more effective theoretical sessions.
- Clinical training in Bangladesh’s best hospitals and clinics.
Student Life at Z.H. Sikder Women’s Medical College
- The college offers safe and comfortable accommodations to all international students. The rooms are provided on a twin sharing basis of the same gender.
- Hostel rooms are fully furnished and are equipped with all the modern facilities such as central cooling and heating system, laundry system with the availability of Indian food at Indian mess.
- The college offers safe and comfortable accommodations with a vibrant atmosphere to foster new friendships.
- To keep students physically fit and active, the college regularly organizes various sports tournaments and thus encourages students to take part in those tournaments.
- Various students’ development programs such as student exchange programs, seminars, conferences, debates, and other such programs are organized frequently.
- The college celebrates all major Indian National festivals such as Holi, Diwali, Eid, and other important festivals.
Dhaka: City at a Glance
- The cost of living in Dhaka for students is INR 10,000 to INR 15,000.
- Dhaka has a tropical climate with an average daily high temperature of 31 degrees.
- Dhaka is known as the rickshaw capital of the world. Buses, auto rickshaws, and metro are other modes of transportation.
- Ahsan Manzil (Pink Palace), Lalbagh Fort, Kawran Bazar, Dhakeshwari Temple, etc., are some of the main attractions of Dhaka.
- Dhaka is 30 minutes ahead of India.