Established in 1935, Volgograd State Medical University is one of the most famous and highly reputable Higher Schools both in Russia and abroad. It is proud of its highly-qualified teaching staff, advanced researchers and experienced physicians whose names are world-famous. The university has become a common choice for the Indian students seeking MBBS in Russia.
The University is accredited by the Russian Ministry for Education for the teaching of both Russian and overseas students. The university is also listed by World Directory Of Medical Schools (WDOMS), Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), World Federation for Medical Education (WFME), erstwhile Medical Council of India (MCI)/ National Medical Commission (NMC), etc.
Overview of Volgograd State Medical University
Year of Establishment
NMC, FAIMER, ECFMG, WDOMS, MCC, and WFME
Duration of MBBS Course
6 years (including one year of internship)
1. Minimum 17 years of age in the admission year
2. Passing NEET score
3. Minimum 50% aggregate marks in PCB subjects in class 12th.
Medium of teaching
Average tuition fees
Faculties at Volgograd State Medical University
- General Medicine
- Military & Emergency Medicine
- Pharmacology & Biopharmacy
- Therapy & Family Medicine
- Surgery Disease & Proctology
Why Study MBBS at Volgograd State Medical University
Volgograd State Medical University is one of the popular choices among Indian students opting to study MBBS in Russia. For the Indian students choosing to study MBBS abroad, the university is the preferred choice for various reasons such as:
- It offers a wide range of possibilities in terms of learning and growth
- It has a highly experienced and attentive faculties;
- The curriculums aims for facilitating a broad exposure to clinical practice;
- The tuition fees is reasonable
- The cost of living is extremely low.
- The university has a well equipped and resourceful in terms of infrastructure
- No donation/capitation fee for admission
- Easy admission procedure
- Comfortable hostel accommodation
Volgograd State Medical University MBBS Fee Structure 2023-24
5,900 US Dollars
Included in tuition fees
1,200 US Dollars
2nd – 6th Year
5,900 US Dollars (per year)
Total Fee in US Dollars
35, 400 US Dollars (Full Course)
Total Fee in Indian Rupees
28,75,329 Indian Rupees (Full Course)
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS in Russia
The eligibility criteria for MBBS admission at Volgograd State Medical University in Russia is given below:
- At least 50% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12th.
- At least 17 years of age as on 31 December in the admission year.
- Qualifying NEET score. (50th percentile for general/EWS category and 40th percentile for unreserved category)
MBBS Admission Process of Volgograd State Medical University
The process of MBBS admission to Volgograd State Medical University for the academic session 2023-24 is as follows:
Step 1: Fill up the application form of Volgograd State Medical University.
Step 2: Submit the required documents for admission in MBBS in Russia.
Step 3: Receive admission/acceptance letter from the university.
Step 4: Apply for a student visa with submission of passport and other documents.
Step 5: If applying for an education loan, clear all the dues.
Step 6: Make arrangements for your travel to Russia for your medical studies.
Step 7: Board your flights to Russia.
Documents Required For Admission
- Duly filled-in Admission form
- Scanned copy of Class 12th Pass Certificate/Mark sheet
- Scanned copy of Class 10th Pass Certificate
- NEET Result/Admit Card.
- Scanned copy of Passport (first and last page)
- ID Proof (Adhar, PAN, Driving License, etc.) if Passport is not ready at the time of application.
- Medical report with HIV report at the time of Visa stamping
The team of Education Abroad facilitates for other documents such as admission letters from the university, converted currencies, etc
Duration of MBBS Course At Volgograd State Medical University
- Volgograd State Medical University offers a 6-year MBBS course to its students in English medium.
- The duration of the MBBS course includes one year of internship at top hospitals and clinics of Russia.
- The entire MBBS course at Volgograd State Medical University combines the best of theoretical knowledge and practical experience.
Student Life at Volgograd State Medical University
- The university has a separate department for physical training to ensure the good health of the students.
- The university premises has a gym, sports ground and an indoor mini stadium.
- During the initial years, it is compulsory for students to attend physical training after which they can opt for training in different sports.
- Every year the Indian students and the Malaysian students conduct cricket and football tournaments respectively.
- Every year the international students conduct their national cultural programs and functions, the famous one being – The Indian Vecher, conducted by the Indian students.
- The University has 3 fully furnished hostels with all the necessary facilities for the students.
- The university hosts various clubs and committee encourage the participation of the students
- Hostel rooms are well equipped and comfortable.
- Frequent cultural programs are often organized for the students for special and festive occasions.
Volgograd: City At A Glance
- Volgograd, formerly Stalingrad, is a city in southwest Russia, on the western bank of the Volga River.
- The entire city is a historical sight, a war memorial, and the pride of its citizens.
- Volgograd has a humid continental climate with severe winters, no dry season, hot summers and strong seasonality
- Mamayev Kurgan, Volgodonskie Vorota, Panorama Museum of the Battle of Stalingrad, Museum of Health Care History, etc are some of the popular city sights.