Universal Medical College: Quick Highlights
|University Recognitions||Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (Bangladesh), World Directory of Medical School (WDOMS), International Medical Education Directory (IMED), and National Medical Commission (NMC)|
|Medium of Teaching||English|
|MBBS Course Duration||6 years (with internship)|
Universal Medical College Fees Structure 2023-24
Seat reservation cost
First installment (within next 6 months)
Second installment (April next year)
Third installment (April next year)
Fourth installment (April next year)
Fifth installment (April next year)
Total MBBS fees in USD
Total MBBS fees in INR
MBBS Syllabus at Universal Medical College
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
First professional MBBS
Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine
Second professional MBBS
Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Pathology, and Microbiology
Third professional MBBS
Medicine & Allied subjects , Surgery & Allied subjects, and Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Fourth professional MBBS
Eligibility Criteria For Admission in Uttara Women's Medical College
Indian students are advised to comply with the NMC (MCI) guidelines to study MBBS in Bangladesh. Below is the criteria to be satisfied to pursue medical education in Bangladesh.
- The students must have passed their 10th and 12th standards from a recognized board.
- The students must have scored a minimum of 60% in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- The student must be 17 years old as on 31 December in the year of admission.
- The students must have cleared the NEET UG exam in the admission year.
Step 1: Fill and submit the application form of the medical college along with the required documents.
Step 2: Receive an admission/invitation letter from the university.
Step 3: Apply for the student visa by submitting your passport and other supporting documents.
Step 4: Pay your tuition fees for the first year. If availing an education loan, Rus Education will take you through the process.
Step 5: Pack your bags with all the essential items you will require in Bangladesh.
Step 6: Board your flights to Bangladesh and begin your journey of MBBS in Bangladesh.
Documents Required For Admission
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 11th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Original passport
- Police clearance certificate
- Affidavit (sponsorship)
- Bank statement (six months)
- University admission letter
- University fee confirmation letter
- Equivalence certificate (from university)
- University admission form
- Visa application form
- 12 Photographs on matt paper
- Equivalence TT copy
- University fee TT copy
- Demand draft in favor of Bangladesh High Commission
Documents such as the admission letter from the university, converted currencies, etc., will be facilitated by the team of Rus Education.
Why Study MBBS at Universal Medical College?
- Affordable tuition fees for Indian students.
- No donations or entrance exams for admission.
- Hassle-free admission process for international students.
- The study pattern is very similar to the Indian medical curriculum.
- Affiliation with Dhaka University (DU) and recognition from the National Medical Commission (NMC).
- The MBBS program is based on the latest NMC guidelines.
- The MBBS course covers pre-clinical, para-clinical and clinical disciplines via classroom classes and clinical training.
- 5-year MBBS course in English followed by one-year internship after graduation.
- Comfortable hostel accommodation for Indian students.
- Indian food is available in mess facilities.
- Well-qualified faculty to build a strong foundation of medical knowledge for students.
- English medium MBBS program for international students.
- Advanced infrastructure with well-equipped laboratories, modern classrooms, etc.
- FMGE coaching by renowned and professional Indian doctors and professors.
- Clinical training of students at the college hospital having state-of-the-art infrastructure and facilities.
- Multicultural environment owing to the presence of foreign students from various countries.
Student Life at Universal Medical College
- The college gives equal attention to the academics and extracurricular activities for the benefit of the students.
- The students are taught using tutorials, lectures, and training programs at the hospital.
- Extensive focus is given to the integrated learning of students to make them understand the role of various disciplines in diagnosis and treatment.
- The experienced faculty at the college utilizes diverse and modern teaching methods along with the traditional learning formats like practical classes, seminars, classroom sessions, group exercises, etc.
- Hostels are well-furnished to ensure safe and comfortable living conditions for international students.
- Sports, extracurricular, and recreational activities are frequently organized for the development of students.
- Community outreach programs are conducted to provide intensive exposure to students.
- Celebrations of festivals of various countries due to the presence of international students.
City Highlights About Dhaka
- The time taken to reach Gulshan from Dhaka Airport is just 30 minutes.
- Dhaka College is the oldest institution for higher education established in 1841.
- The medical colleges in Dhaka offer diverse doctoral programs to international students.
- The cost of living in Dhaka for international students is $328 (close to INR 25,000).
- The Articulated Bus Service is a new public transport system in the Dhaka city.