Tver State Medical University
Established in 1936, the Tver State Medical University, is one of the oldest and most reputed medical universities in Russia. It is a public educational institution and operates under the supervision of the Ministry of Health and Social Development and Ministry of Education of the Russian Federation. For more than 70 years, Tver State Medical University has been playing a leading role in the development of medical science and training of medical practitioners and scientists.
Tver State Medical University is always among the top ten medical educational institutions according to the annual official rating of the 48 Russian Medical Educational Institutions. Today, it is the largest medical scientific, research and educational center, noted for its extensive clinical and laboratory base and a brilliant teaching staff. The University possesses a complex of buildings designed for practical classes, lectures, laboratory studies, research work and auxiliary services.
The university has won the “Prestigious Nations Friendship National Award” for making an outstanding contribution to international education, collaboration and development.
|Year of Establishment||1936|
|Type of University||Government|
|Duration of MBBS||6 years|
|Recognitions||WDOMS, ECFMG, FAIMER, NMC (erstwhile MCI)|
|Medium of teaching||English|
|Eligibility Exam (IELTS/TOEFL)||No|
Faculties at Tver State Medical University
Below is the list of faculties in Tver State Medical University:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Dental Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Advanced Nursing Education
- Faculty of Postgraduate Studies
Recognitions of Tver State Medical University
Tver State Medical University is recognized by various organizations of global reputation such as:
- National Medical Commission (erstwhile Medical Council of India);
- Medical Council of Canada;
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Russia;
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS);
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG);
- Registered with Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
Eligibility For Admission In Tver State Medical University
Indian students applying for MBBS admissions in Russia at Tver State Medical University must fulfil the following eligibility criteria:
- Minimum 50% score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12 and passing marks in English.
- Attained the age of 17 years as on 31st December in the admission year.
- Cleared NEET exam. (50th percentile for general/EWS category and 40th percentile for unreserved category)
Any medical aspirant who wants to apply to Tver State Medical University for MBBS admission in Russia must follow the below admission procedure:
- Fill up the application form of Tver State Medical University.
- Submission of the necessary documents.
- Receive admission/acceptance letter from the university confirming the admission.
- Apply for the student visa at the Embassy of the Russian Federation in India.
- Clear all the outstanding dues if availing an education loan.
- Inform the university about your date of arrival in Russia.
Documents Required For MBBS Admission
Indian medical aspirants are required to submit the following documents during MBBS admission in Tver State Medical University.
- Class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet
- Class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet
- NEET score card
- Valid passport
- Passport-size photographs
- Birth certificate
- Medical lab report, including HIV test report
- Migration certificate
Student life at Tver State Medical University
Tver State Medical University believes in making the six years of their graduation a memorable experience by offering amazing student life within the university campus. Some of the key highlights of student life at the university:
- There are four specialized hostels provided with basic amenities.
- Hostels are fully furnished and centrally air-conditioned in summers and centrally heated in winters.
- Every room in the hostel accommodates 2-3 students.
- Each hostel has access to broadband and Wi-Fi for students.
- Availability of Indian food in the canteen of the hostel.
- Students can watch TV in their native language.
- All the hostels of the university are well-guarded by police security.
- The university conducts cultural programmes annually for the students.
- Celebration of Indian festivals like Holi, Diwali, etc. within the university campus.
- Sports tournaments of football, cricket, badminton, basketball, etc. are organized by the university for the students.
Benefits Of Studying MBBS At Tver State Medical University
The benefits of studying MBBS in Russia at Tver State Medical University includes:
- Affordable MBBS fees for Indian students.
- Recognized by ECFMG, WDOMS, FAIMER, NMC, and Medical councils of Canada, Australia, etc.
- Provides best-quality medical education with a perfect blend of theory and practical lessons.
- Medical graduates from the university can practice medicine anywhere in the world.
- English is the medium of teaching for international students for better understanding.
- Well-furnished hostel facilities with basic amenities.
- Indian mess facility is available for Indian students.
- State-of-the-art infrastructure, including well-equipped laboratories, modern classrooms, libraries, sports facilities, etc.
- Medical students at Tver are eligible to apply for the PLAB, USMLE exams.
The Tver State Medical University, usually conducts its enrollment twice a year in the months of February and September.
For Indian students aspiring to join the TSMU, they must be 17 years of age, should have scored at least 70% marks in Class-12 (PCB) and qualify the NEET exam.
No, apart from the NEET exam, the students do not need to appear or qualify any other exam such as IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
Tver State Medical University does not provide any form of scholarship as such at the time of admission, since a larger portion of the fees is already subsidised, However, the students may apply for the scholarships directly provided by the Ministry of Education/ Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation. Rus Education also has multiple scholarships available for the qualified students based upon their academic merits, sports performance, etc.
To apply for the MBBS Admission at Tver State Medical University, the student can start with getting in touch with the expert counsellors of Rus Education to further guide through and simplify all the further procedures of admission and even stay in Russia.
Yes, after completing your MBBS at Tver State Medical University, the students can get back to India, qualify the FMGE/NExT exam and pursue their practice in the country.