Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University
Pavlov First Saint- Petersburg State Medical University was established in September, 1897. Initially, it was introduced as the Medical Institute for Women. This institution is considered to be the first institution to provide an opportunity for women to obtain higher medical education. The name St. Petersburg State I.P. Pavlov Medical University was given by the Government of the Russian Federation in the year 1994.
The University believes in adapting a unique teaching methodology which is based on the combination of the best Russian Medical Educational Traditions with the methods of Western Education System. The University is the only higher medical school which has a polyclinic within the boundaries of the University. In the year 2017, it celebrated the 192nd anniversary of the founding of the polyclinic. This University is recognized as a big center for training specialists all over the world.
Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Overview
Year of Establishment
Type of University
Duration of MBBS
6 years (Including one year of internship)
NMC (erstwhile MCI), FAIMER, WDOMS, & ECFMG
Medium of teaching
Eligibility Exam (IELTS/TOEFL)
Recognitions of Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University
Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University is recognized by:
- National Medical Commission (erstwhile Medical Council of India);
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Russia (MSHE);
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS);
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG);
- Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER).
- The General Medical Council of Britain
- The U.S. Department of Education
Faculties of Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University
The faculties in Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University are:
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Nursing
- Faculty of Preparatory
- Faculty of Pediatric
- Faculty of Medicine for Foreign Students
- Faculty of Postgraduate Studies
- Faculty of Sports Medicine
- Faculty of Clinical Psychology
Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University Fees Structure
Total Course Package
Total Fees in USD
Total Fees in Rs
*Calculations are as per the current market value of Indian Rupee against US Dollar (1 USD = INR 75)
- The above-mentioned fee structure is the final amount to be paid by the student to Rus Education.
- This fee package includes Tuition fee, Hostel accommodation fee, medical insurance, remuneration to the centre, MCI coaching for the complete duration of the course, airport transfer to the university, a phone call to parents on arrival in the university, study material in English Language, documentation of the student in the university, free translator to facilitate, and other services.
Eligibility Criteria for Admission in Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University
The admission criteria for any Indian student applying to Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University for MBBS in Russia are:
- Academic requirements: Cleared Class 12th with at least 50% score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Age requirement: Must be the age of 17 years on or before 31st December in the admission year.
- NEET requirements: Passed NEET exam (50th percentile for general/EWS category and 40th percentile for unreserved category)
The procedure for MBBS admission in Russia in Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University is as follows:
- Filling the online application form of the university.
- Attaching the necessary documents with the online application form.
- Receive an admission letter from the university after a few days.
- Payment of registration fee to the university.
- The applicant can apply for the student visa with the Russian embassy.
- Visit the embassy/ consulate of the Russian Federation in India to apply for a student visa.
The documents to be submitted for admission in Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University:
- Duly filled-in admission form
- Scanned copy of mark sheets and pass certificates of class 12th and 10th
- Scanned copy of NEET scorecard
- Bank statements (for 6 months)
- Passport (scanned copy of first and last page)
- HIV test report
- Medical certificate
- 6 coloured photographs in white background
Why Study MBBS at Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University?
Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University is the third best medical university of the Russian Federation for Indian students to study MBBS in Russia. Apart from this, the other advantages of MBBS from this university include:
- Provides top-quality medical education to its foreign students.
- Smooth and seamless online admission procedure
- Budget-friendly tuition fee for Indian students
- The MBBS degree issued by the university is accepted globally.
- Medical education is imparted in English to the students.
- Students can practice medicine in India, Canada, and the US.
- 1700+ foreign students are studying at the university.
- No separate entrance exam is required for admission.
- Fully furnished hostel accommodation for international students.
- The university has collaborated with many health care institutes worldwide such as Sweden, Berlin, United States of America, and Finland.
Student Life at Pavlov First Saint Petersburg State Medical University
- A well-structured and spacious campus with well-equipped hostels provided with basic amenities.
- Advanced and well-equipped laboratories for enhanced practical learning to students.
- Well-stocked library for academic and recreational activities.
- Hostel rooms are available on a sharing basis.
- Round-the-clock internet connectivity available in the university campus.
- Students are promoted to participate in recreational activities organized by various student clubs.
- Various sports competitions and counseling sessions are organized within the university for students.
- The university has well-structured facilities for sports and recreation, including gyms, a swimming pool, and a sports and recreation center.
- Summer camps are organized at the university during the holidays.
City at a Glance
- St. Petersburg is the second largest city of Russia.
- The city is situated on the shore of the Gulf of Finland, in the north-west of Russia, at the mouth of the Neva River.
- St. Petersburg has played a significant role in Russian history ever since it was founded.
- The city experiences rainfall throughout the year.
- The average temperature in Saint Petersburg city is 22.4 °C.