I. M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
I.M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University (Sechenov University) is considered as one of the Top Medical Universities in Russia. University had begun its history in 1758 as the medical faculty at Imperial Moscow University. Sechenov University has been a pioneer in the Russian Healthcare System. Many renowned scientists and physicians have already worked at the University, who are known for their significant contributions to the progress of medicine.
Today, the University has grown up into an academic, research, and Resource Centre of Excellence in the Russian Healthcare System. It enforces the development of Medicine of the Future, based on a strong academic foundation in clinical medicine, expanding frontiers in advanced multidisciplinary research.
University’s target model drives its sustainable transformation into a world-class University with a balanced focus on multidisciplinary education, research, and partnership with industry.
At present, Sechenov University is the only member of the Russian Academic Excellence Project in QS World University Ranking by Subject (Medicine). Its clinical competence is a key advantage for cross-disciplinary basic research and the discovery of new horizons in health and care.
The University has about 3,500 international students among the 19,000 undergraduate students. The current student cohorts represent 90 countries of all continents. The biggest number of foreign students is from Iran, India, Malaysia, China, Azerbaijan, Namibia, South Africa, etc.
Quick Facts About I. M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
ECFMG, WDOMS, FAIMER, NMC (erstwhile MCI)
Medium of Teaching
MBBS Course Duration
6 years (with internship)
Qualified Class 12 with 50% marks in PCB
Faculties At I. M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Preventive Medicine
- Faculty of Pediatrics
- Faculty of Preparatory Studies
I. M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University Fee Structure
Total Course Package
Total Fees in USD
Total Fees in Rs
*Calculations are as per the current market value of Indian Rupee against US Dollar (1 USD = INR 75)
- The above-mentioned fee structure is the final amount to be paid by the student to Rus Education.
- This fee package includes Tuition fee, Hostel accommodation fee, medical insurance, remuneration to the centre, MCI coaching for the complete duration of the course, airport transfer to the university, a phone call to parents on arrival in the university, study material in English Language, documentation of the student in the university, free translator to facilitate, and other services.
Eligibility Criteria For Admission in I. M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
- The student should have qualified class 10 and 12 from any recognised education board/institution
- The student must have scored at least 50% in their class-12 while studying Physics, Chemistry, Biology (or any equivalent subject)
- The student must be of 17 years of age
- The student should qualify the NEET-UG exam with the required marks.
- 50th percentile for the students of general/EWS category is 50th percentile.
- 45th percentile for the students belonging to PwD
- 40th percentile for the students belonging to the SC/ST/OBC category
- The students must possess a valid NEET Score card.
- Fill in the admission Form
- Submit it after attaching all the required documents
- Receive the admission/acceptance letter from the university
- Apply for the Student Visa
- Prepare & travel to your university
- Complete the formalities at the university
From filling up the admission form, arranging the documents, applying for visa, loan assistance, travel, formalities at the university, arranging accommodations till the hostels are provided, etc, the team of Rus Education assists you at every step.
Documents Required For Admission
At the time of MBBS admissions at I. M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University, the Indian students are required to procure the following documents.
- Class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet
- Class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet
- NEET score card
- Birth certificate
- Valid passport
- Passport-size photographs
- Medical test report including HIV negative report.
Why Study MBBS at I. M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University , Russia?
- Largest research medical school in Russia, established in 1758.
- It offers several undergraduate and postgraduate courses taught in English for all areas of medicine, biology and biotechnology, including bachelor’s degrees, master’s programs, clinical residency programs, specialist degrees, etc.
- The university has a scientific library which has a unique collection of scientific publications in medicine and healthcare.
- There is no entrance exam for admission to this university and no donation required.
- Out of the overall 19,000 presently enrolled students at the university, out of which 3,500 are international students from around 90 countries all over the world.
- It is quite easy for new students to adapt and assimilate into new places and cultures of Russia, as there are a lot of International Students in the First Moscow State Medical University from various countries. Also, the staff of this university is also friendly and caring.
Student Life At I. M. Sechenov First Moscow State Medical University
- The University offers comfortable and cozy hostels to all international students.
- The University has set up a Center for International Education to coordinate with all international students and assist them all with the required procedures.
- There is a student sports organization named “Phoenix” that welcomes all students who wish to do some kind of sports at any level.
- Various extracurricular lectures by world-class researchers and physicians, meetings of student societies on different areas of medicine and healthcare, intellectual quizzes, and language speaking clubs represent even a wider list of after-school activities.
- The University also has a student culture center named “New Art”, which encourages the student to participate in various plays, literacy and poetry clubs, music bands, as well as several dancing classes.
City at a Glance
- Moscow is the capital of Russia, the largest city in the country and Europe, and one of the largest cities in the world.
- Moscow has been the largest transport hub of Russia throughout its history. The city is located in the very center of the hub of railways and highways
- There are a lot of different places of interest in the city – various historical, cultural, and architectural sites, entertainment centers like The Kremlin, the Bolshoi Theater, A.S.Pushkin Fine Arts Museum, and Tretyakov Gallery.
- Apart from that, there is a lot of frequent exhibitions, festivals, performances, excursions, concerts, quests, marathons, etc organized at the city