Established in 1964, Astana Medical University is one of the largest and dynamically developing medical universities in our country, has a high reputation in the field of higher medical education, its own traditions, both in the provision of educational services and in the development of medical science and clinical activities.
The University has been consistently ranked among the leading medical universities of the Republic of Kazakhstan for many years. The University's academic partners are leading universities in the USA, Singapore, Europe, and Russia. The medical college is recognised by the World Directory Of Medical Schools (WDOMS), empanelling by Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG) & Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), World Federation for Medical Education (WFME), and recognised by erstwhile Medical Council of India (MCI)/ National Medical Commission (NMC), etc.
Overview of Astana Medical University
|Year of Establishment||1964|
|Recognitions||NMC, FAIMER, ECFMG, WDOMS, MCC, and WFME|
|Duration of MBBS Course||6 years|
|Medium of teaching||English|
Faculties at Astana Medical University
- General Medicine
- Public Health
Why Study MBBS at Astana Medical University ?
Astana Medical University is one of the popular choices among Indian students opting to study MBBS in Kazakhstan. For the Indian students choosing to study MBBS abroad, the university is the preferred choice for various reasons such as:
- Kazakhstan is one of the educated countries (because it was part of the USSR till the disintegration) around the globe which has very good education systems.
- Kazakhstan provides English as the medium in many of the universities which do not force students to learn any other language.
- Kazakhstan’s Universities provide low and affordable MBBS education with an affordable cost of living.
- Kazakhstan has many Universities which are approved by the WDOMS & NMC (MCI) and it provides students with practice all around the world.
- Kazakhstan has many cities which provide a friendly environment for Indian and other foreign students
Eligibility Criteria For MBBS in Kazakhstan
The eligibility criteria for MBBS admission at Astana Medical University in Kazakhstan is given below:
- At least 50% aggregate score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class 12th.
- At least 17 years of age as on 31 December in the admission year.
- Qualifying NEET score. (50th percentile for general/EWS category and 40th percentile for unreserved category)
Stepwise MBBS Admission Process of Astana Medical University
The process of MBBS admission to Astana Medical University for the academic session 2023-24 is as follows:
Step 1: Fill up the application form of Astana Medical University.
Step 2: Submit the required documents for admission in MBBS in Kazakhstan.
Step 3: Receive admission/acceptance letter from the university.
Step 4: Apply for a student visa with submission of passport and other documents.
Step 5: If applying for an education loan, clear all the dues.
Step 6: Make arrangements for your travel to Kazakhstan for your medical studies.
Step 7: Start your travel to Kazakhstan
Student Life at Astana Medical University
- The students at Astana Medical University are provided with many opportunities to participate in international exchange programs, seminars, conferences and projects.
- The campus is filled with all the basic amenities and facilities centralized AC, heater, etc.
- There are hostel facilities for students. The hostels are well guarded with a 24/7 security system.
- There is a well-equipped library for the students. The university offers a friendly and multicultural environment.
- The campus has many activity complexes like activity centers, cafés, canteen, a gym, sports complex, etc.
Astana: City At A Glance
- Astana, previously known as Akmolinsk, Tselinograd, Akmola, and most recently Nur-Sultan, is the capital city of Kazakhstan.
- Much of the city’s population is employed by the railways.
- Astana has an extreme continental climate with warm summers (featuring occasional brief rain showers) and long, very cold, dry winters.
- The popular places in the city include Bayterek Tower, National Museum of Kazakhstan, Hazret Sultan Mosque, Quay Astana, Khan Shatyr, City Park , etc.
Fee Structure 2023-2024
|Tution Fee (In USD)||Hostel Fee (In USD)||Mess Fee (In USD)||Total Expenses (In USD)|