Dhaka National Medical College
Earlier known as Dhaka National Medical Institute, Dhaka National Medical College was established in 1925, however, it was re-opened in 1994 and started its operations under the onus of Dhaka University. It came into existence with a view to impart top-tier medical education to Bangladeshi and foreign students and contribute in their journey of becoming world-class doctors. The college comes in the list of top ten medical colleges to study MBBS in Bangladesh. More than 2000 doctors have graduated from this college and joined the healthcare sectors of various countries.
Dhaka National Medical College offers a 5-year MBBS course approved by the Dhaka University, Bangladesh and Bangladesh Medical and Dental Council (BMDC). The medium of teaching is English for Indian students for the better understanding of the medical curriculum. The college infrastructure is modern and equipped with the latest technology like hi-tech laboratories, advanced classrooms with audio-video aid, resourceful libraries, fully-furnished hostel buildings, etc. The medical college has a teaching hospital with a 850-bedded facility providing tertiary patient care at affordable prices. Students are given extensive and bedside practical exposure at the hospital for comprehensive knowledge of medicine.
Dhaka National Medical College: Quick Highlights
Bangladesh Medical & Dental Council (BMDC), Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (Bangladesh), World Directory of Medical School (WDOMS), Foundation for Advancement of International Medical Education and Research (FAIMER), International Medical Education Directory (IMED), and National Medical Commission (NMC)
Medium of Teaching
MBBS Course Duration
6 years (with internship)
No. of Indian students (currently enrolled)
Dhaka National Medical College Fees Structure 2023-24
Total MBBS fees in Dollars
Total MBBS fees in INR
MBBS Syllabus of Dhaka National Medical College
Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry
First professional MBBS
Community Medicine and Forensic Medicine
Second professional MBBS
Pharmacology & Therapeutics, Pathology, and Microbiology
Third professional MBBS
Medicine & Allied subjects , Surgery & Allied subjects, and Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Fourth professional MBBS
Eligibility Criteria For Admission to Dhaka National Medical College
The criteria for admission for Indian students to MBBS in Bangladesh at Dhaka National Medical College for Indian students laid down by NMC is as follows:
60% in PCB subjects in 10+2
17 years or more as on 31st December in the admission year.
Passing NEET score.
Dhaka National Medical College Admission Process
Here is the admission process to study MBBS in Bangladesh at Dhaka National Medical College:
- Fill out the application form.
- Attach the required documents and submit the form,
- Get an admission letter from the university.
- Submit your passport and other documents to apply for the student visa.
- Make the payment of first-year tuition fees.
- Pack your bags.
- Fly to Bangladesh for your medical studies.
Documents Required For MBBS Admission in Bangladesh
- 10th mark sheet and certificate
- 11th mark sheet
- 12th mark sheet and certificate
- Original passport
- Police clearance certificate
- Affidavit (sponsorship)
- Bank statement (six months)
- University admission letter
- University fee confirmation letter
- Equivalence certificate (from university)
- University admission form
- Visa application form
- 12 Photographs on matt paper
- Equivalence TT copy
- University fee TT copy
- Demand draft in favor of Bangladesh High Commission
Documents such as the admission letter from the university, converted currencies, etc., will be facilitated by the team of Rus Education.
Why Study MBBS at Dhaka National Medical College
- Located in the capital city of Dhaka.
- Low-cost MBBS fees for international students.
- Hassle-free and direct admission procedure.
- English medium medical education.
- No donations or capitation fees.
- Recognized by the NMC, WDOMS, ECFMG, FAIMER, BMDC, etc.
- Globally recognized medical degrees.
- High-quality medical education blended with theoretical knowledge and practical experiments.
- Hi-tech infrastructural facilities such as well-equipped laboratories, advanced classrooms, a modern teaching hospital, etc.
- Comfortable hostel accommodation for international students.
- Clinical exposure to students in innovative and technologically-advanced college’s teaching hospital.
- Resourceful library with excellent 6,000 medical books and journals.
- Safe environment at the medical college due to 24*7 security.
- Qualified faculty members and professors.
- Good teacher and student ratio.
Student Life at Dhaka National Medical College
- Students have a multicultural life at the medical college.
- Faculty members use modern teaching methodologies to impart medical knowledge to students.
- Students participate in seminars, conferences, and symposiums to attain knowledge about the latest advancements in medicine.
- Hostel life of students is comfortable and secure.
- Apart from the academics, the college also promotes extracurricular activities.
- Sports activities like football, cricket, tennis, basketball, etc. are organized for the students for their physical development.
- Internet facility is readily available for students all around the college campus.
- Students gain practical medical knowledge by working closely with real patients at the college hospital.
Dhaka: City at a Glance
- Dhaka is the capital city of Bangladesh.
- The climate of Dhaka is tropical. The average temperature is around 26⁰C and ranges between 15⁰C and 34⁰C throughout the year.
- Dhaka is an economic hub, a megacity, with 400,000 people arriving each year.
- The average monthly cost of living in Dhaka is $370. The cost of living for international students is somewhere around $328.
- Dhaka experiences a hot, wet and humid tropical climate.