Crimea Federal University
Also called V.I. Vernadsky Crimean Federal University, Crimea Federal University is one of the top medical universities of Russia located in Crimea State and established in 1918. With over 7000 staff members and more than 32,000 students, including 3,000 foreign students from 54 countries. The university is conferred ‘AA’ Rank by the International Education Society.
Crimea Federal University is crowned as the top medical university on the basis of modern technologies. Presently, the university consists of 23 academic and non-academic units and has 12 branches across Crimea.
Crimea Federal University - A Quick Overview
Year of Establishment
Type of University
Duration of MBBS
NMC (erstwhile MCI), MSHE, WDOMS, ECFMG
Medium of teaching
Eligibility Exam (IELTS/TOEFL)
Recognitions of Crimea Federal University
Crimea Federal University is recognized by various reputed statutory recognition authorities in the world such as:
- National Medical Commission (erstwhile Medical Council of India);
- Ministry of Science and Higher Education, Russia (MSHE);
- World Directory of Medical Schools (WDOMS);
- Education Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
Faculties of Crimea Federal University
There are 5 faculties in Crimea Federal University:
- Faculty of General Medicine
- Faculty of Dentistry
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Clinical Psychology
- Faculty of Pediatrics
Crimea Federal University Fees
Crimea Federal University Fees Structure
Total Course Package
Included in Tuition fee
Total Fees in USD
Total Fees in Rs
*Calculations are as per the current market value of Indian Rupee against US Dollar (1 USD = INR 75)
- The above-mentioned fee structure is the final amount to be paid by the student to Rus Education.
- This fee package includes Tuition fee, Hostel accommodation fee, medical insurance, remuneration to the centre, MCI coaching for the complete duration of the course, airport transfer to the university, a phone call to parents on arrival in the university, study material in English Language, documentation of the student in the university, free translator to facilitate, and other services.
Eligibility Criteria Crimea Federal University
Any Indian student applying to Crimea Federal University to pursue MBBS in Russia must fulfill the following:
- Academic requirements: Must have passed 10+2 with minimum aggregate 50% score in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology.
- Age requirement: Must be 17 years of age as on 31st December in the admission year.
- NEET requirements: Qualified NEET exam (50th percentile for general/EWS category and 40th percentile for unreserved category)
The procedure for MBBS admission in Russia in Crimea Federal University is as follows:
- Fill out an application form online.
- Submit the required documents along with the form.
- The university will send an admission letter to the applicant.
- The applicant will apply for the student visa with the Russian embassy.
- After receiving the student visa, make arrangements of travel to the university.
- The applicant has to bring the original documents and first year admission fees with him to the university.
The admission process for MBBS course in Crimea Federal University requires the submission of the following documents:
- Pass certificates and mark sheet of class 10th and 12th.
- Health certificate/report
- Valid passport
- Birth certificate
- Passport size photos
- NEET scorecard
Benefits of Studying MBBS at Crimea Federal University
Crimea Federal University is one of the oldest and reputed medical universities of the Russian Federation to study MBBS in Russia. Here’s why?
- The university stands at the 25th position in Russia.
- Low admission fees and easy admission procedure for international students.
- Medical degrees awarded by CFU are valid in India, Europe, Asia, America, and worldwide.
- High-quality medical education offered by 7000 highly-qualified experienced teachers.
- Extensive practical training provided to students during clinical rotations.
- The complete MBBS course is imparted in English medium since 2016.
- Presently, 3000+ international students are studying at CFU.
- Practical clinical exposure is offered to the students at the government hospitals.
Student Life at Crimea Federal University
- There is an international center created by the university for internationalization of its activities and programs.
- The university conducts an annual function within the campus.
- Hostel facilities are available for students within the university.
- The rooms are allotted to students on a sharing basis.
- Indian and continental food is available for international students.
City at a Glance
- Simferopol is the capital of Crimea.
- Crimea has Mediterranean weather in the summer season and winters are mostly snowy and cold.
- Crimea is mostly surrounded by the Black Sea.
- Crimea has the longest trolleybus route on the planet.
- It is home to the world’s most powerful solar plants situated in Perovo, a Crimean village.