Russia, also officially known as the Russian Federation is a sovereign state in Northern Eurasia. Russia is the largest country in the world covering more than one-eighth of the land area. Today, Russia has become a hot destination for international students who want to pursue their higher studies in medicine and science abroad. The medical universities of Russia are well-recognized all over the world.
Russia is one of the fastest-growing nations in the world. The standard of the medical universities in Russia is very high with a very low cost of living. The government of Russia is spending a lot of effort in the development of universities to maintain the standards of its higher medical education system. Russia is proud to announce that out of 100 top-ranking Medical Universities in the list of the “World Directory of Medical Schools” of WHO, 30 universities are from Russia. The students who complete their MBBS from the medical universities of Russia are working in the leading Hospitals around the world.
Every year, thousands of students from many countries like India, Nepal, Pakistan, Bangladesh, etc travel to Russia to study medicine and MBBS. All the medical universities of Russia are accredited by the world’s major organizations like WHO, and UNESCO and Medical Councils of many countries like the U.S.A, U.K., Middle East, Australia, India, Canada, etc. The complete duration of MBBS in Russia is 6 years in English medium. But if a student wants to study in Russian medium, the duration of MBBS in Russia is 7 years, including 1 year of Russian Language Training.
Studying medicine in Russia is the best option for Indian students. The tuition fee of MBBS in the medical universities of Russia is very affordable compared to other countries. This makes Russia a preferable option for foreign candidates to pursue MBBS, MD, or other medical degrees. The quality of education in the medical universities of Russia is comparable to the other developed nations like USA, UK, etc. The medium of instruction in most of the medical universities in Russia is English which makes it easier for international students to adapt to the country and the campus.
Eligibility Criteria for MBBS In Russia
The student must be above 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission. The students must have scored a minimum of 50 % marks in the 12th standard. Students belonging to SC/ST and OBC categories are eligible to have 40% marks in aggregate in the 12th standard examination.
Benefits Of MBBS In Russia
The admission process for MBBS in Russia is very simple and hassle-free. Here are some of the factors listed that attract students from around the world to study in Russia:
- Very affordable tuition fees in medical colleges in Russia.
- All the medical colleges in Russia are recognized by WHO, UNESCO and MCI.
- The cost of living in Russia is very low with European life standards.
- The medium of teaching in most of the medical colleges in Russia is English.
- Teaching in medicine in Russia is not just limited to classrooms. Students are given exposure to practical learning, seminars, and conferences.
- The hostels and other accommodations for medical students in Russia are well-maintained and highly secured.
- Perfect academic, sports and diversion facilities
- Russian medical universities are affiliated with well-equipped hospitals with tertiary care.
- Russia is known to have the top medical universities all across the globe offering MBBS
- No entrance examination is required to study Medicine in Russia.