Founded in 2016, Lincoln American University, School of Medicine, is the fastest-growing and well-recognized private medical university in the Americas, prominently known for MD in Guyana around the globe. Located in the capital city of Guyana, Georgetown, the University strives to fill the gap between accessibility and affordability to attain good quality medical education. Since Guyana is the only country in South America with an English-speaking population, Lincoln American University (LAU) attracts thousands of medical aspirants from worldwide every year to fulfill their dream of becoming successful global doctors.
Lincoln American University has been successful in developing a strong and impressive impact around the world and has come up as a reputable medical educational institution in South America. At present, the university is home to over 300 national and international students from India, Africa, Nepal, Nigeria, and other countries, enrolled in the -year MD program.
The medical program of LAU combines the National Medical Commission (India) with the US-based curriculum’s best practices. The university encourages the participation of its students in laboratory experiments, conferences, research programs, and seminars. Furthermore, LAU promotes a pragmatic approach, international clinical experience, and holistic development of students including students’ participation in recreational activities and community programs to ensure that its students become exceptional doctors and good human beings.
Overview of Lincoln American University, Guyana
Name of the degree
MD (Doctor of Medicine)
Duration of MD/MBBS
NMC, WDOMS, ECFMG,NAC-Guyana, AMEE, GAME, and MCC
Eligibility to apply
1. 50% in PCB in 10+2
2. NEET qualified
Average MBBS fees
INR 26 lakhs
Medium of teaching
Number of Indian students
Why Study at Lincoln American University?
- Affordable tuition fees for Indian students.
- Global recognition from NMC, WDOMS, MCC, ECFMG, etc.
- US-based medical curriculum with compliance with USMLE requirements.
- Pragmatic approach to medical education.
- Highly-qualified medical faculty and professors.
- Student participation in community welfare and medical outreach programs.
- Clinical rotations in top hospitals of the Caribbean.
- Gateway to medicine practice in the US.
- Holistic development of students through extracurricular activities.
- Multicultural life is due to students from different countries.
- MD degree is valid in India and other countries.
- Focus on the problem and case-based learning.
- Modern, tech-enabled infrastructure at the university.
- Comfortable hostel facilities for Indian students.
- Indian food is available in the mess facility.
Lincoln American University Fee Structure 2023-24
The structure of the Lincoln American University fees for Indian students is given below:
Total MBBS fee in USD
Total MBBS fees in INR
Air Ticket will be charged as per actuals
Food Expenses: 100 USD (Approx) Per Month
Accommodation Charges: 200 USD (Approx) Per Month
NOTE: The above-mentioned fee structure is the final amount to be paid by the student to Rus Education. This fee package includes Tuition fee, Hostel accommodation fee, medical insurance, remuneration to the center, MCI coaching for the complete duration of the course, airport transfer to the university, a phone call to parents on arrival in the university, study material in English Language, documentation of the student in the university, free translator to facilitate, and other services.
Students who want to study MD/MBBS in Caribbean must satisfy the following Lincoln American University admission requirements:
- Passed 10+2 from a recognized board with PCB subjects.
- 50% or more in PCB subjects in 10+2 for General category and 40% or more for SC/ST/OBC category.
- Age must be 17 years or more by 31st December in the year of admission.
- Qualified NEET exam and possess a valid NEET scorecard.
Here is the stepwise admission procedure for MBBS in South America for Indian students:
- Submit the application form of the university along with the required documents.
- Get the acceptance letter from the university.
- Pay 25% of the tuition fee.
- Apply for the student’s visa and submit the necessary documents, including the original passport.
- Pay 75% of the remaining fees.
- Fly to Guyana.
- Passport size photos
- A valid passport
- Migration Certificate
- Birth Certificate in English
- Admission invitation letter from the university you have applied for admission
- Scanned copies of NEET scorecard
- Medical certificate that has complete reports on HIV and vaccination
- Application form
- Air tickets
- 10th and 12th mark-sheet & certificates
- Medical Fitness Certificate
- Police Clearance Certificate
- Sponsor Letter
- Last 3 months bank statements with a minimum USD 7000 balance
- Yellow Fever Vaccination Certificate
- Covid Vaccination Certificate
Documents such as the acceptance letter from the university, converted currencies, etc., will be arranged by Rus Education.
MD Program at Lincoln American University
LAU offers a 5-Year MD Program prepared by a team of doctors, healthcare professionals, and medical researchers adhering to the best practices of medical education in the United States, the Caribbean, and India. The MD program meets the licensing requirements in the United States, India, Canada, and many other countries.
Pre-clinical program (1-year)
- The Pre-clinical phase of the MD program at LAU prepares students to handle the entire course of medical studies well in the subsequent years.
- During this phase, the students are exposed to subjects like History of Medicine, Communication Skills, Biophysics, Biochemistry, Physiology, Medical Terminologies, Introduction to Anatomy, Microbiology, Immunology, etc.
Para-clinical program (2-year)
- The Para-Clinical program adheres to a system-based curriculum in which topics like anatomy, embryology, histology, pharmacology, quality in healthcare and patient safety, physiology, related pathology, and clinical aspects for each system are completed to impart a holistic approach to each system and understanding the complexities.
Clinical sciences program (2-year)
- The clinical Sciences program focuses on the implementation of basic sciences skills in patient care. It comprises a balanced blend of clinical knowledge and provides direct exposure to students in patient care during clinical rotations in various departments of the affiliated hospitals.
- The main subjects of this program include Medicine, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Pediatrics, Surgery, Family and Community Medicine, Orthopedics and Behavioral Sciences, Ophthalmology (Eye) and Otorhinolaryngology ( Ear, Nose and Throat), Critical and Emergency Care, etc.
- During clinical rotations, the students visit diagnostic facilities such as the laboratory and Radio Diagnosis to correlate the clinical findings with the diagnostic results.
Duration of the MD/MBBS at Lincoln American University
- The total duration of the MD program at Lincoln American University is 5 years.
- The entire duration of the medical studies is divided into the ratio of 1:2:2.
- The first year is the pre-clinical phase; the second and third year is the para-clinical phase; and the third and fourth year is the clinical sciences program.
Medium of Teaching at Lincoln American University
- The medium of instruction is English at Lincoln American University.
- Lincoln American University is located in Guyana which is an English-speaking country.
- English is the means of communication for both national and international students.
Student Life at Lincoln American University
- LAU promises comfortable and safe student life to Indian students with a special Indian hostel and mess set up for them.
- Students participate in health outreach programs and free school seminars for community involvement and inclusion.
- Extracurricular and sports activities are organized from time to time for the students.
- Promotion of interaction with peers, medical dignitaries, and faculty members to build connections.
- Students can stroll in the neighboring areas and enjoy the peaceful atmosphere of the Caribbean.
- Celebration of various Indian festivals like Holi, Diwali, Navratri, Durga Puja, etc.
- Students perform their practicals in state-of-the-art laboratories well-equipped with modern equipment.
- Guyana is a Caribbean country in South America.
- Guyana is home to Indians, Africans, Chinese, and European people.
- The official language of Guyana is English.
- Guyana has various modes of transportation like taxis/ cabs, buses, riverboats, ferries, etc.
- The literacy rate in Guyana is 88.5%.
- The favorite sports of people in Guyana are cricket, football/ soccer, volleyball, basketball, etc.
- Food in Guyana is a blend of cuisines from India, China, Africa, British, and all other regions.
- Guyana has a tropical climate with temperatures floating between 24°C and 31°C.
- Over 40% of the population in Guyana comprises people of Indian Origin.