After releasing NEET UG 2022 admit cards, the National Testing Agency (NTA) has issued dress code guidelines for the medical aspirants appearing in the NEET UG 2022 exam on 17th July 2022 across India. Compliance with the NEET dress code 2022 for male and female candidates is made mandatory by the NTA to ensure fair conduct of the examination. The guidelines are mentioned outrightly in the official information brochure of NEET 2022.
The NEET 2022 dress code covers clothing, footwear, and other wearable items strictly prohibited inside the examination hall. As a part of the COVID-19 guidelines, NTA made masks and gloves mandatory in the NEET dress code. Candidates found wearing prohibited items included in the dress code will be restricted entering the exam center.
NEET Dress Code 2022 for Female Candidates
- Half-sleeved clothes are allowed on exam day.
- Designer clothes with flowers, big buttons, heavy embroidery, brooches, etc., are not allowed.
- The clothes with big pockets and designer jeans are prohibited in the exam hall.
- No leggings are allowed.
- Footwear with low heels like slippers and sandals is permitted.
- Avoid wearing jewelry items like nose rings, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, pendants, and anklets in the exam hall.
NEET 2022 Dress Code for Male Candidates
- Half-sleeved t-shirts or shirts are allowed.
- Light-colored trousers are allowed in the exam hall.
- Kurta Pajamas are strictly prohibited.
- Light clothes without big pockets, heavy embroidery, large buttons, or zips are not allowed.
- Light clothes without or fewer zip, pockets, big buttons, and embroidery are allowed.
- Only wear slippers in the NEET exam hall.
- Shoes are not allowed.
Dress Code For NEET 2022 – Customary Dress
The NTA NEET dress code 2022 allows candidates in customary dress to enter the exam hall after making a declaration of the same at the time of filling the NEET application form. As per the order of the Delhi High Court, Sikh candidates can carry Kara, Kirpan, and Kangha with them. Similarly, Muslim female candidates are permitted to wear Burkha.
Barred Items in NEET 2022 Dress Code
- Electronic items such as mobiles, microphones, headphones, pen drives, watches, and Bluetooth devices.
- Food items and personal water bottles. However, candidates with medical conditions can carry their medicines, eatables, and transparent water bottles.
- Stationery items like pencil box, log table, eraser, calculator, scale, pen, writing pad, electronic pen, etc.
- Small bits of paper or any textual material.
- Wallets, purses, caps, belts, goggles, etc.
- Ornamental or metallic items
The NEET UG medical entrance exam 2022 will be conducted in 13 different languages pan-India in 546 cities and 14 cities globally.
Subscribe us for the latest education news on NEET, MBBS, CBSE, and more.