The National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a highly competitive examination conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) for medical aspirants across the country. To avoid malpractice during the examination, the NTA has issued several guidelines for medical aspirants appearing for NEET(UG) – 2023. One such mandatory guideline is the dress code for both male and female candidates. The guidelines for the dress code are given by the NTA in the NEET(UG) information bulletin.
The NEET(UG)- 2023 dress code guidelines for NEET aspirants include clothing, footwear, and other accessories strictly prohibited inside the examination hall. Candidates must strictly adhere to the instructions given while appearing for the exam. As per the NTA guidelines for NEET(UG) – 2023, candidates who fail to follow the instructions of the dress code are restricted from entering the examination hall.
NEET(UG) – 2023 Dress Code for Female Candidates
- Light-coloured half-sleeve shirts and trousers are allowed on exam day.
- Designer clothes with flowers, big buttons, heavy embroidery, brooches, etc., are prohibited.
- Clothes with big pockets and designer jeans are prohibited in the exam hall.
- No leggings are allowed.
- No shoes and heels are allowed at the examination hall. Footwear with low heels like slippers and sandals is permitted.
- Avoid wearing jewelry items like nose rings, earrings, necklaces, bracelets, pendants, anklets and watch in the exam hall.
NEET(UG) – 2023 Dress Code for Male Candidates
- Light-coloured half-sleeved t-shirts or shirts and trousers are allowed on exam day.
- Light-colored trousers are allowed in the exam hall.
- Kurta Pajamas are strictly prohibited.
- Light clothes without big pockets, heavy embroidery, large buttons, or zips are not allowed.
- Light clothes without or fewer zip, pockets, big buttons, and embroidery are allowed.
- Only wear slippers in the NEET exam hall.
- Shoes are not allowed.
NEET(UG) – 2023 Dress Code – Customary Dress
The dress code for the NTA NEET exam allows candidates to wear customary dress, provided they declare the same during the application process. Following a ruling by the Delhi High Court, Sikh candidates are permitted to bring Kara, Kirpan, and Kangha with them, while Muslim female candidates may wear Burkha.
Furthermore, if the candidates come in cultural/ customary dress at the Examination Centre, they should report at least an hour or two before the last reporting time i.e. 12.30 pm so that there is enough time for proper checking without any inconvenience to the candidate while maintaining the sanctity of the examination.
Barred Items of NEET(UG) – 2023
Candidates are not prohibited to carry the following items inside the Examination Center:
- Any item such as bits of paper or textual material(printed or written)
- Electronic devices such as Mobile phone, Health band, Earphones, Bluetooth device, pager, etc.
- Stationery items such as pen, pencil, calculator, pencil box, log table, eraser, scale, writing pad, electronic pen, etc.
- Food items either opened or packed, water bottles, etc.
- Items like Wristwatch, Bracelet, camera, ornaments/metallic items, wallet, purses, caps, belts, goggles, etc
- As a part of the COVID-19 guidelines, candidates must wear masks mandatorily in the NEET(UG) 2023.
- No arrangements will be made at the Examination Centers for Keeping any articles/items belonging to candidates. Therefore, candidates are advised not to bring any items that are not permitted in the examination hall.
For the latest update regarding NEET(UG) – 2023, please stay tuned!