Chelyabinsk State University
Established in 1976, Chelyabinsk State University (CSU) is the first South Ural university and the first classical university in Chelyabinsk. It is one of the leading universities in the Ural region and also a member of the Association of Classical Universities of Russia and Eurasian Association of Universities. Chelyabinsk State University, Russia is now expanding its popularity in other countries and welcoming foreign students every year. Currently, it has around 4500 international students, including Indian students.
There are 200 programs offered at the university taught at 19 faculties – Vocational programs, Bachelor’s degree programs, specialist degree programs, master’s degree programs, postgraduate (Ph.D.) programs, and higher doctorate (post Ph.D.) programs. Chelyabinsk State University has 30+ research schools where innovation and research activities are promoted via cooperation with leading foundations, research centers, and organizations in Russia and worldwide. Chelyabinsk State University is one of the top choices for Indian students to study MBBS in Russia.
Chelyabinsk State University Overview
Year of Establishment
Type of University
Duration of MBBS
6 years (Including one year of internship)
NMC (erstwhile MCI), FAIMER, WDOMS, & ECFMG
Medium of teaching
English and Russian
Eligibility Exam (IELTS/TOEFL)
To study MBBS in Russia eligibility for Indian students is identified by the National Medical Commission (NMC) erstwhile the Medical Council of India (MCI) as per the 7th session meeting of MCI on 29th March 2017. Eligibility for MBBS Admissions in Russia For Indian Students:
- Students should have passed 10+2 or equivalent in Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English.
- The student must have scored 50% for unreserved categories & 40% for reserved categories in PCB subjects in Class 12.
- The student should have completed 17 years as in the year of admission.
- The student must have qualified the NEET exam and possess a valid score card, i.e. 50th percentile for unreserved & 40th percentile for the reserved categories.
Any applicant interested in applying to Chelyabinsk State University for MBBS in Russia have to follow the following admission procedure:
- Fill up the application form of Perm State Medical University.
- Submit the necessary documents for admission online such as school passing certificates ,etc.
- The applicant will receive an admission/acceptance letter from the university confirming the admission.
- Submit your passport and admission letter to apply for a student visa.
- Pay your tuition fees. If any student wants to avail an education loan, Rus Education will take you through the complete loan procedure.
- Make arrangements for your travel to Russia for your medical studies.
Indian medical aspirants are required to submit the following documents during MBBS admission in Chelyabinsk State University.
- Duly filled-in admission form.
- Scanned copy of class 10th pass certificate and mark sheet
- Scanned copy of class 12th pass certificate and mark sheet
- NEET score card
- Birth certificate
- Scanned copy of passport (first and last page)
- ID proofs such as PAN, Aadhaar card, etc., if the passport is unavailable at the time of application.
- Medical test report including HIV negative report for Visa stamping
The remaining documents like admision letters, converted forex currencies, etc. are facilitated by the team of Rus Education.
Why Study MBBS at Chelyabinsk State University?
- The Chelyabinsk State University MBBS fees is budget-friendly.
- The process of MBBS admission at the university is simple and convenient.
- Hostel accommodation is available to Indian students studying MBBS at Chelyabinsk State University.
- The MBBS course in Russia at the university is a mixture of theoretical and practical sessions.
- Clinical training for the students is provided at the best hospitals and clinics affiliated with the university for better practical experience.
- The MBBS degree offered by the university is globally recognized.
Student Life at Chelyabinsk State University
- Spacious and well-furnished hostel rooms are available at the university.
- Cultural and sports activities are promoted at the university for the holistic development of students.
- Mess facilities for students are available at the university, including Indian food.
- The university is properly guarded by the security staff ensuring the safety of the students.
City At Glance - Chelyabinsk
- The distance between Chelyabinsk and Moscow is 1,822 kilometers and takes about 23-24 hours to travel.
- The main attractions of Chelyabinsk are the Chelyabinsk State Museum of Regional Studies, Holy Trinity Church, Gagarin Park, and Chelyabinsk State Academic Drama Theater.
- Chelyabinsk has a humid continental climate.
- The summers are comfortable and partly cloudy and the winters are cold, snowy, windy, and mostly cloudy.