NEET Exam 2017 - Final Preparation Tips for NEET Examination 2017
NEET is National Eligibility cum Entrance Test is a national level medical entrance test conducted by the CBSE Board. The NEET examination is held for the students who are willing to get admission in MBBS and BDS courses offered by all government and private medical colleges in India. The NEET exam is a one tier exam and commences in the month of May every year.
As per the last order by Hon. Supreme Court, NEET is the only exam to be conducted for admission to MBBS/BDS courses in Indian Medical colleges from the year 2017 (except AIIMS & JIPMER). From the year 2016, NEET exam has replaced AIPMT exam. The seats in the medical colleges of India for MBBS or BDS will be filled depending on the score of NEET examination only. Candidates can check latest updates about NEET 2017 including the application form, exam dates, exam pattern & syllabus.
The eligibility criteria for appearing in the NEET examination are mentioned below.
- Nationality: The candidate should be an Indian National or OCI (Overseas Citizen of India).
- Age Limit: The minimum age limit is 17 years as on 31st December of the year of admission. And the maximum age limit is 25 years for general candidates and 30 years for reserved categories.
- Qualification: The candidate must have passed/appearing 12th or equivalent examination from any recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology or any other elective subject with English.
- Percentage Criteria: Student must have secured a minimum of 50% marks in PCB group for general candidates and 45% (for general PH) and 40% (for SC/ST/OBC categories).
NEET Exam Pattern
The NEET examination will be held on 7th May 2017. The exam pattern is given below
- Courses: NEET exam is conducted for admission to MBBS/BDS courses.
- Number of Questions: The question paper will contain total 180 multiple choice questions with single correct answer.
- Subjects: The paper will be asked from subjects as Physics, Chemistry, Zoology & Botany.
- Language: The question paper will be available in 8 languages including English, Hindi, Tamil, Assamese, Bengali, Gujarati, Marathi, and Telugu.
- Mode of Exam: The exam will be conducted in offline mode (pen and paper based mode).
- Duration: The exam duration will of 3 hours.
- Marking Scheme: 4 marks will be awarded for each correct response.
- Negative Marking: 1 mark will be deducted for each incorrect answer as negative marking.
||No. of Question
Application Form for NEET 2017:
The application for NEET 2017 to get admission in MBBS in 2017 is available now.Aspirants can apply for NEET exam only through online process. The NEET Application Form 2017 may be available in the First half of January 2017. Candidates are advised to fill the application form as per the given instructions. After filling the application form, candidates are required to send the confirmation page along with required documents to the address mentioned below:
The Assistant Secretary (NEET)
Central Board of Secondary Education,
Shiksha Kendra, 2, Community Centre,
Preet Vihar, Delhi-110 092