About The Country
Nepal is a land-locked country sharing its borders with five states of India, Uttarakhand in the West, Uttar Pradesh in the south, Bihar in the south-east and Sikkim from the eastern side. However, in the north, it shares its border with Xizang, Tibet and also the autonomous region of China.
With an approximate area of 141,181 sq. km, the country is 1.5 times larger than Portugal. It has a population of 30.3 million (2021). Kathmandu is the largest city in the country as well as the country’s capital. Almost the entire country falls in the Shivalik Range of the Himalayas, therefore almost the entire geography of the country is largely filled with mountainous and hilly regions.
A Brief Look at MBBS in Nepal
Number of Universities
MCI, FAIMER, ECFMG, WDOMS
5 years 6 months
Average Tuition Fees (Including Fooding & Lodging)
Reasons for MBBS in Nepal
- . Quality Education
- . Affordable and Advanced Learning
- . Recognised degrees
- . MCI Training
- . Bilingual Medium of Instruction
- . A warm and welcoming culture
- . Weather conditions similar to North-Indian region
Why Choose MBBS in Nepal?
Key Features of MBBS in Nepal
Conducive Learning Atmosphere
Nepal offers a healthy and conducive learning atmosphere to all its students. The best medical universities of Nepal offer students and secured and reliable educational practice and lifestyles.
Globally Affiliated, Accredited, and Recognised Universities
All universities are recognised by WHO, WDOMS, FAIMER, ECFMG, and Medical Council of leading countries like the U.S.A, U.K, Middle East, Australia, India, Canada, etc.
Similar Learning Experience of MBBS in India
MBBS in Nepal has a similar pattern and course structure as that of medical studies in India, hence the curriculum is very similar, however, the difference lies in the pedagogy followed which is extremely modern and precied in best medical universities of Nepal.
Resourceful Healthcare Sector
Medical universities in Nepal are excellent in terms of infrastructure, technical advances, qualified lecturers, etc, making it a popular choice among students all over the world especially from India.
The duration of MBBS in Nepal is 5 years and 6 months. During the first four years of the course are reserved for theoretical and technical learning after which the focus transits to the practical implementation of them.
Reasons To Study Medicine In Nepal
- ☛ Affordable Course of Study- Nepal offers one of the most affordable medical study options in comparison to India and many wested medical colleges.
- ☛ Recognised Universities- Medical Universities in Nepal are enlisted in WDOMS, FAIMER, ECFMG, and MCI. The best medical universities of Nepal fall in the top cream of the best medical universities of the world.
- ☛ Cost of Living- The cost of living in Nepal for Indian students is very low compared to the other countries. The hostels are well accommodated with all the comfort requirements of the international students.
- ☛ Technically Equipped Learning- MBBS in Nepal features use of advanced technological resources in imparting the learning in the classrooms. The use of technology helps in keeping the learning more advanced and interesting for the students.
- ☛ Pupil-Teacher Ratio- Most of the universities have a healthy pupil-teacher. In a class, there are about 20 students under the guidance of 1 mentor and teacher. With this ratio, each and every student gets the undecided attention of the teacher.
- ☛ Language of Instruction- In most of the universities the language of common and official use is English itself.
What are the advantages of studying MBBS in Nepal for Indian students?
- ★ No Admission fee or hidden charges
- ★ No donation required
- ★ Visa Relaxation for Indian students
- ★ Easy Admission Procedure
- ★ Affordable Fee Structure
- ★ Feasible cost of living
- ★ Global Exposure and Recognition
- ★ Pleasant weather condition
Top Medical Universities in Nepal for Indian Students
- KIST Medical College
- Institute of Medicine (IOM)
- Kathmandu University School of Medical Sciences (KUSMS)
- B. P. Koirala Institute of Health Sciences
- Manipal College of Medical Science
What is the Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Nepal?
To be eligible to apply for MBBS in Nepal, the students must satisfy all the given conditions:
- They must be 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- They must have scored 50% marks in their 12th standard in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from CBSE / ICSE or any other equivalent board of examination.
- They should have qualified NEET(UG) Entrance exam (as per the latest notification by MCI) are eligible to apply for MBBS in Nepal
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is MBBS from Nepal valid in India?
Yes, MBBS from Nepal is valid in India., provided you have studied from any MCI approved universities. The course structure for MBBS in Nepal is similar to that of India. In order to practice in India, the students would be required to qualify the screening test administered by NMC (MCI).
2. Is NEET required for MBBS in Nepal?
Yes, as per the latest guidelines for eligibility, issued by the National Medical Council (NMC) formerly known as Medical Council of India (MCI), to study medicine or any other related field, the student must have qualified NEET(UG) Examination held every year.
3. Which country is best for MBBS for Indian students?
Indian students have plenty of options when they choose to study MBBS in Abroad. However, Nepal, as an MBBS destination for Indian students is an ideal choice for those who are looking for affordable and quality education without much hassle for the travel.
4. Is MBBS in Nepal a good option?
Medical universities in Nepal are famous for their reliability, security, and their global rankings across the world. These universities have the best medical education faculties for the training of the expertise among the students.
5. How much does it cost to study MBBS in Nepal?
The actual expenditure of stay depends upon the preferences of the students. However the average cost to study MBBS in Nepal excluding the cost of living ranges from 8.4 lakhs to 9.5 lakhs per annum.
6. What is the duration of MBBS study in Nepal?
The average course of duration for MBBS in Nepal is about 5 years and 6 months inclusive of the 1.5 years of internship towards the end of the course.
7. What are the documents required for applying to MBBS in Nepal?
For applying to MBBS study in Nepal, the student must possess- high-school/Secondary School (10th) Marksheet, Intermediate/ Senior Secondary School (12th) Marksheet, NEET Score Card and an updated photo ID proof with all the correct details issued by Govt. of India.
8. Why do Indian students choose to study MBBS in Nepal?
MBBS in Nepal even at the lowest package of study and stay combined is known for providing high-quality practical as well as theoretical knowledge by the professors to the medical students.
9. What are the disadvantages to studying MBBS in Nepal?
There are no such note-worthy disadvantages of studying MBBS in Nepal apart from the weather conditions. As the country is vastly mountainous, the weather can be cold, like the Northern Mountainous regions of India.
10. How can I apply for MBBS in Nepal?
When you plan to study MBBS in Nepal, you can request a personal counselling session to get more information by getting in contact with us. We will guide you from there on and help you with the required paperwork, arrangements for your stay, and much more.
MBBS in Nepal 2021, MBBS in Nepal for Indian Students 2021, MBBS Admission in Nepal 2021-22, MBBS in Nepal Fees Structure 2021-22