About The Country
The Islamic republic, Iran, is the eastern most country of the Middle East. The country falls between the Caspian Sea in the north and the Persian Gulf and the Gulf of Oman in the south.
The country was formerly known as Persia. It is bordered on the land by Afghanistan, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Iraq, Pakistan, Turkey, and Turkmenistan, and shares maritime borders with Kazakhstan and Russia (in the Caspian Sea), Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, and the United Arab Emirates.
There are about 83 million people (as per recorded data in 2020) currently living in the country. The largest city is Tehran, which is also the capital and the political and economic center of the republic.
A Brief Look at MBBS in Iran
Number of Universities
MCI, FAIMER, ECFMG, WDOMS
Average Tuition Fees (Including Fooding & Lodging)
February and September
Reasons for MBBS in Iran
- Quality Education
- Affordable and Advanced Learning
- Recognised degrees
- English medium of instructions throughout the period of study.
- Medical degree recognized by world institutions.
- Very easy admission process at medical schools.
- Modern hospitals for students to intern.
- A very pleasant and friendly campus life.
Why Choose MBBS in Iran ?
Key Features of MBBS in Iran
Globally Affiliated, Accredited, and Recognised Universities
All universities are recognised by WHO, WDOMS, FAIMER, ECFMG, and Medical Council of leading countries like the U.S.A, U.K, Middle East, Australia, India, Canada, etc.
Safe Learning Atmosphere
Iran offers a safe and secured learning atmosphere to all its students. The best medical universities of Iran offer students a secured and reliable educational practice and lifestyles.
Advance Learning Experience
Iran is one of the countries which has always prioritised the development of the public healthcare system. As a result, the country has extremely advanced hospitals and well-equipped medical universities.
Resourceful Healthcare Sector
Medical universities in Iran are excellent in terms of infrastructure, technical advances, qualified lecturers, etc, making it a popular choice among students all over the world especially from India.
The duration of MBBS in Iran is 7 years. During the first 5 years of the course are reserved for theoretical and technical learning after which the focus transits to the practical implementation of them in the form of an internship of 2 years.
Reasons To Study Medicine In Iran
- ☛ Affordable Course of Study- Iran offers one of the most affordable medical study options for probably the most advanced learning experience.
- ☛ Recognised Universities- Medical Universities in Iran are enlisted in WDOMS, FAIMER, ECFMG, and MCI. The best medical universities of Iran fall in the top cream of the best medical universities of the world.
- ☛ Cost of Living- The cost of living in Iran for Indian students is very low compared to the other countries. The hostels are well accommodated with all the comfort requirements of the international students.
- ☛ Advanced Learning- MBBS in Iran features use of advanced technological resources in imparting the learning in the classrooms. The use of technology helps in keeping the learning more advanced and interesting for the students.
- ☛ Diverse Choice for Career Opportunities- Iran offers a diverse selection of career opportunities the students can choose from based upon their interests, aptitudes and preferences.
- ☛ Language of Instruction- In most of the universities the language of common and official use is English itself.
What are the advantages of studying MBBS in Iran for Indian students?
- ★ No Admission fee or hidden charges
- ★ No donation required
- ★ Easy Admission Procedure
- ★ Affordable Fee Structure
- ★ Feasible cost of living
- ★ Global Exposure and Recognition
- ★ Pleasant weather condition
Top Medical Universities in Iran for Indian Students
- Tehran University of Medical Sciences
- Shiraz University of Medical Sciences
- Isfahan University Of Medical Sciences
- Shahid Beheshti University of Medical Sciences
What is the Eligibility Criteria for MBBS in Iran?
To be eligible to apply for MBBS in Iran, the students must satisfy all the given conditions:
- They must be 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year of admission.
- They must have scored 50% marks in their 12th standard in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology from CBSE / ICSE or any other equivalent board of examination.
- They should have qualified NEET(UG) Entrance exam (as per the latest notification by MCI) are eligible to apply for MBBS in Iran
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Is MBBS from Iran valid in India?
Yes, MBBS from Iran is valid in India., provided you have studied from any MCI approved universities. The course structure for MBBS in Iran is similar to that of India. In order to practice in India, the students would be required to qualify the screening test administered by NMC (MCI).
2. Is NEET required for MBBS in Iran?
Yes, as per the latest guidelines for eligibility, issued by the National Medical Council (NMC) formerly known as Medical Council of India (MCI), to study medicine or any other related field, the student must have qualified NEET(UG) Examination held every year.
3. Which country is the best for MBBS for Indian students?
Indian students have plenty of options when they choose to study MBBS in Abroad. However, Iran, as an MBBS destination for Indian students, is an ideal choice for those who are looking for affordable, quality and the most advanced education
4. Is MBBS in Iran a good option?
Medical universities in Iran are famous for their reliability, security, and their global rankings across the world. These universities have the best medical education faculties for the training of the expertise among the students.
5. How much does it cost to study MBBS in Iran?
The actual expenditure of stay depends upon the preferences of the students. However the average cost to study MBBS in Iran excluding the cost of living ranges from 6000 USD to 8000 USD per annum depending on the university and the course.
6. What is the duration of MBBS study in Iran?
The average course of duration for MBBS in Iran is about 7 years. The curriculum is planned in 5+2 format, that means the students will be studying theories and concepts for 5 years and then undergo the internship for 2 years.
7. What are the documents required for applying to MBBS in Iran?
For applying to MBBS study in Iran, the student must possess- high-school/Secondary School (10th) Marksheet, Intermediate/ Senior Secondary School (12th) Marksheet, NEET Score Card and an updated photo ID proof with all the correct details issued by Govt. of India.
8. Why do Indian students choose to study MBBS in Iran?
MBBS in Iran is known for providing high-quality practical as well as theoretical knowledge by the professors to the medical students.
9. How many international students study MBBS in Iran?
As per the data records, at present there are 40,000 students from different nationalities currently pursuing their studies in Iran.
10. How can I apply for MBBS in Iran?
When you plan to study MBBS in Iran , you can request a personal counselling session to get more information by getting in contact with us. We will guide you from there on and help you with the required paperwork, arrangements for your stay, and much more.
MBBS in Iran 2021, MBBS in Iran for Indian Students 2021, MBBS Admission in Iran 2021-22, MBBS in Iran Fees Structure 2021-22