Lomonosov Moscow State University was founded in the year 1755. It is one of the oldest Russian institutions for higher education. This University is named after the famous Russian scientist, Academician Mikhail Lomonosov (1711- 1765). He was the greatest contributor in the establishment of this University.
The University has the highest academic standards and democratic ideals that the students need to follow. Since the ancient times, the University is known as the major center of learning and research and an important cultural center.
Lomonosov Moscow State University offers training in all branches of modern science and humanities. There are up to 128 qualifications in its 39 faculties for undergraduates. For post-graduates, there are 18 branches of science and humanities in 168 different areas. There is a wide range of academic courses and research work conducted in MSU Museums.
There are 2,500 higher doctoral degree holders in the University. Not only this, there are almost 6,000 holders of candidate degrees. At MSU, the total numbers of lecturers are 5,000. Around 4,500 scientists and scholars are presently involved in 350 research projects in diversified fields.
Other than 39 faculties, there are 15 research institutes, 6 local branches in Russia, and 4 museums.It consists of 380 departments, the Science Park, the Botanical Gardens, The Library, the University Publishing House, a printing shop, a recreational center and a boarding school for talented children.
At MSU, there are 39 faculties and 15 research centers. In the recent times, a few faculties have been opened such as Faculty of Physics and Chemistry and Higher School of Television. The Faculties of Economics, History, Journalism, Philology, Psychology and Sociologyhas an evening batch. A correspondence degree programme is offered by the Faculty of Journalism. The faculties are
- Faculty of Mechanics and Mathematics
- Faculty of Computational Mathematics and Cybernetics
- Faculty of Physics
- Faculty of Chemistry
- Faculty of Materials Science
- Faculty of Biology
- Faculty of Bioengineering and Bioinformatics
- Faculty of Soil Science
- Faculty of Geology
- Faculty of Geography
- Faculty of Medicine
- Faculty of Physics and Chemistry
- Faculty of History
- Faculty of Philology
- Faculty of Philosophy
- Faculty of Economics
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Journalism
- Faculty of Psychology
- The Institute of Asian and African Studies
- Faculty of Sociology
- Faculty of Foreign Languages and Area Studies
- Faculty of Public Administration
- Faculty of World Politics
- Faculty of Fine and Performing Arts
- Faculty of Global Studies
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Political Science
- Higher School of Business Administration
- Moscow School of Economics
- Higher School of Translation and Interpretation
- Higher School of Public Administration
- Higher School of Public Audit
- Higher School of Administration and Innovations
- Higher School of Innovative Business Administration
- Higher School of Modern Social Sciences
- Higher School of Television
- Faculty of Further Education
- Faculty of Military Training
In the recent times, a number of new faculties, departments and research laboratories have been established. New academic programs have been introduced together with new curricula. There are over 140 distance learning programs. Currently, 30 new interdisciplinary areas have been established.
Lomonosov Moscow State University has an extreme complex system from the point of view of engineering and operations. It has 1,000,000 square meter floor area in 1,000 buildings and structures, with its 8 dormitories housing over 12,000 students and 300 km of utility lines. However, the University needs to be modernized and developed so that it can meet the modern requirements both in terms of higher learning and research.
Direct Admission for MBBS in Russia is now available in Lomonosov Moscow State University. Contact Rus Education and apply now.