January 2020 has begun with some interesting news updates for the students who are looking forward to appearing for the NEET UG 2020 examination. At first, the NEET UG 2020 registration dates were extended beyond December 31st, 2019 till January 6th, 2020, and now the National Testing Agency (NTA) has made one more announcement.
NEET UG 2020 Application Form Window Reopened
The NTA has issued a fresh notice announcing that the NEET UG 2020 application forms have been reopened following concerns raised by applicants. The NTA said that they had received several complaints regarding the incompleteness of the application forms due to which the decision has been made to reopen the application forms window.
NEET UG 2020 applicants can now log on to the official NTA website at www.ntaneet.nic.in to complete their applications and pay the fees for the examination. However, the following points must be kept in mind while availing the facility –
- The facility is only available for those who have already registered (completed step I) for the examination between December 2nd, 2019 and January 6th, 2020.
- No new registrations will be accepted during this duration.
- The window will remain open between February 3rd, 2020 till 11:50 PM on February 9th, 2020.
- The form can be accessed on the official NTA website – www.ntaneet.nic.in
- The facility can be availed to complete the application form (step II).
- Students can upload scanned documents during the reopened window (step III).
- The fees for the exam can also be paid during the reopened window (step IV).
Image Specification Details – NEET-UG 2020
While uploading the scanned documents for NEET-UG 2020 examination, students are advised to keep the following points in mind –
- The images can only be uploaded in JPG/JPEG format.
- The specified image file sizes as per the NTA are as follows –
- Passport-sized photograph of the candidate (JPG/JPEG) – between 10kb to 200kb
- Candidate’s signature’s image (JPG/JPEG) – between 4kb to 30kb
- Candidate’s left-hand thumb impression (JPG) – between 10kb to 50kb
- Class Xth certificate (JPG) – between 100kb to 300kb
- Postcard-sized photograph of the candidate (JPG) – between 50kb to 300kb
NEET UG 2020 – Summary
NEET UG is an examination conducted annually for admissions to MBBS/BDS courses in medical and dental institutions in India including institutes of national importance like AIIMS and JIPMER. To sit for NEET, a candidate must meet the following criteria –
- The candidate must be 17 years of age as on December 31st of the year of examination
- The candidate must have secured 50% (for General category, 45% for PwD candidates and 40% for reserved categories) aggregate in Physics, Chemistry, and Biology in Class XIIth examinations.
The important dates to be kept in mind for NEET-UG 2020 are –
- NEET UG 2020 registration window – December 2nd, 2019 – January 6th, 2020
- NEET UG Form correction window – January 15th, 2020 – January 31st, 2020
- NEET UG 2020 Application Form reopened window – February 3rd, 2020 – February 9th, 2020
- NEET UG 2020 Admit Cards availability – March 27th, 2020 onwards
- NEET UG 2020 exam date – May 3rd, 2020
- NEET UG 2020 result – June 4th, 2020