The National University of Science and Technology MISiS has a proud and distinguished history, having celebrated its 80th anniversary in June 2010. It originated as the Department of Metallurgy in the Moscow Academy of Mines, which the Soviet government established in 1918, and in the following decades it went through several transformations before achieving its current designation.
Today, the National University of Science andTechnology MISiS is at the forefront in the development of Russia's innovative, knowledge-based economy, supporting the nation's ability to successfully compete with other advanced economies as well as to fully integrate into the international community.
• Faculty of Basic Professional Studies
• Faculty of Economics & Industrial Management
• Faculty of Environmentally Sound Technologies & Engineering
• Faculty of Information Business Systems
• Facultyof IT & Automated Control Systems
• Faculty of Mining
• Faculty of New Materials & Nanotechnology
• Faculty of Quality Assurance in Higher Education
Students share furnished rooms with Russian and international students and have access to a variety of leisure facilities. There is a bathroom on each floor and each room has wired Internet access.
Students have access to computer labs, laundry rooms, a recreation center, and a swimming pool, as well as a café. There is also a cafeteria located within the complex where many of the students dine. If you prefer to cook for yourself, there are kitchen facilities on each floor and there are several grocery stores located nearby.