Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology is a leading Russian university that trains students in various fields of modern science and technology.
From the outset, MIPT has used a unique system for training specialists, known as the Phystech System, which combines fundamental science, engineering disciplines and student research.
With a history rich in major events and longstanding traditions, MIPT pays well-deserved attention to its symbols. MIPT has an original emblem, which embodies its devotion to science.
Every 5 years MIPT marks two anniversaries, celebrating the creation of the Department of Physics and Technology at Moscow State University on November 25, 1946 and the creation of Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology, this took place five years later.
• Radio Engineering and Cybernetics
• General and Applied Physics
• Aerophysics and Space Research
• Molecular and Biological Physics
• Physical and Quantum Electronics
• Aeromechanics and Flight Engineering
• Applied Mathematics and Control
• Problems of Physics and Power Engineering
• Innovation and High Technology
• Nano-, Bio-, Information and Cognitive Technologies
Student life at MIPT is rich and diverse. Students actively combine educational activities with sports, participation in cultural events, as well as their creative endeavours. The administration at the institute strongly supports this initiative and cares about the welfare of its students. Thus, it is constantly working to expand the campus and interests of students.
Cultural, sporting and creative development of students is facilitated by a variety of student organizations.
Dedicating their lives to learning and science, many students are active participants in competitions and make significant progress in science.